Mustang Evolution Forum banner

GT500 Suspension Upgrade Question

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  back n a stang 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 mustang gt with the brembo package. I have the stock suspension and I have the chance to buy the full GT500 SVT performance pack suspension. It includes the front struts, front springs, front strut top hats, rear shocks, rear spring, jounce bumpers, front sway bar, rear sway bar (with mounting arms) , pan hard rod, and pan hard brace. The set came off of a2011 gt500 that got converted to a super snaked after only 2k miles. The kit is in perfect shape and the guy wants 600 bucks for it. How much of an improvement would this make to my car and would it improve ride quality or anything? Should I do it? Is it a good price? Help me out guys!! Thanks!

#2 ·
Are you even sure that the package will work on your car?

#4 ·
YOU SURE!!!! The spring rate is gonna be different.I got my springs off 2012gt trck pck car and those springs are like 131lbs and base GT is 126lbs.The rear of it is like 156 and base is 141. I know they are close.As would I buy the set-up for your car or even mine...ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Nothing to really gain.Alot of money to lose.Use that 600.00 on buying some good stuff.BMR is outstand parts.FRPP makes excellent springs. If you lower just get a decent adjustable PH bar.No need and spening big money on that part.Do your homework for what you want out of the susp. and what the plans are for the car. Hell If you do not have GT500 lca's on your car I will sell you some.Is you car a premimum package?maual?3.73gear?
Anyway man.....If I can ever help ya let me know.Take care....Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.