Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm looking to get a deeper tone to my exhaust, and after lots of looking I stumbled across the GT500 mufflers. I've watched a few videos of them back to back against stock and I can't tell a difference. If you've switched your stock ones out are you satisfied with it? Thanks in advance and drive safe!

·
Registered
210 Posts
The GT500s sound much better than stock - deeper, throatier sound.

·
Registered
111 Posts
What type of sound are you looking for? Just deeper? Louder too? Borla Stingers sound amazing and have a deeper tone, but are probably a good deal louder than the GT500s.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Best muffler, bar none for the Coyote. quality sound without any drone or downsides. By comparison there is lots louder stuff but, not everyone wants that and it usually has some downsides. You can add volume without compromising quality to the GT500s easily by removing the resonators or going with off road. Do that with some of the louder stuff like Roush and you'll be needing hearing aids soon.

·
Registered
224 Posts
One of my first mods - love them. Dead sexy sound without the obnoxious blatting. At the time they were also one of the cheapest as well. I bought them off one of the FR websites that had them on sale for like $300+. I recently looked and didn't find them anywhere near that cheap though.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
My 14 TrakPak went from stock mufflers to GT-500's and they sounded fantastic to me. I loved their mellow growl at idle and full throttle was not too loud although 100% better than stock. Personally I loved the look of the twin tip exhaust along with the GT500 rear valance...the look is just great!!!

I paid $625 for the complete kit which included both mufflers/GT500 rear valance and all the hardware. You can't beat this price anywhere and makes the mufflers about $250 each and the valance is $125...and it's all Ford Parts!!!

EXHAUST KIT QUAD TIP MGT 2013-14

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am looking to replace the entire exhaust system on my 2013 V6 coupe - with BBK long tube headers and catted mid pipes (due to Colorado emission regs). Would the GT500 mufflers discussed in this forum thread work with the BBK parts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Olderodder
I am looking to put the Shelby dual tips on my 2014. Can you please share you found the prices for the valance and exhaust. Thanks

John

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What type of sound are you looking for? Just deeper? Louder too? Borla Stingers sound amazing and have a deeper tone, but are probably a good deal louder than the GT500s.
Good question. I'm not interested in waking the neighbors or anything like that. Just more of a low muscle car rumble that's not going to make it impossible for me to hear my stereo or use my phone.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think my best advice would be to listen to a bunch of videos online and determine which ones you want. I am on my third exhaust because I was not super careful about what i bought from the beginning. Magnaflow Street sounded really good but was not loud enough after a while. I then bought Bassani SS and it was deafeningly loud and I could not take it long. I did a whole ton of research and decided on Borla Stingers. They are loud because I have long tubes and an offroad H-Pipe but the drone is low and I can still enjoy the radio and the sound of the exhaust. I don't want to say that they will not be too loud for you, though, since each person is different. Just be careful because stainless steel exhausts are expensive!

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
The GT500's I put on my Mustang were just perfect for my taste...at idle they had a nice rumble and at full throttle with my windows up I could play the CD and talk on the phone...although my F1 tires did make quite a lot of noise.
I just can't understand why someone wants a loud exhaust...I guess in my day the saying was, "If it don't go chrome it", and now days it should be, "if it don't go then make it loud"...to have a car go down a street at full throttle and set off car alarms is beyond me!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the GT 500's on my 11gt. Great sound. Easy to live with. Your neighbors won't hate you but they sound great at WOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just can't understand why someone wants a loud exhaust...I guess in my day the saying was, "If it don't go chrome it", and now days it should be, "if it don't go then make it loud"...to have a car go down a street at full throttle and set off car alarms is beyond me!
I concur. I've never been the type of guy that subscribes to the whole "if it's too loud, you're too old" mantra. For lack of a better term, it's assholish to disturb the peace of people around you. You love your precious little Camaro or Challenger or Mustang, great! Just don't make it a problem for people that want to get sleep or have a little bit of quiet inside their homes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts