Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the shop today to have my new hood put in.. Shop quoted me for 675 is this too much?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That much just to put it on? Is that with paint too, or what?
Match the paint, buff, paint and installation.. Originally it was 400 but when he saw the hood and there was some whirls in it and he said there will be a lot of work to paint them..

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I assume to paint

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd definitely get another quote, or two. Don't just let this shop do it for more than they originally said they would.
I know i will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem, man. Nice hood, by the way! Are you gonna make the vents a different color, or just have it all match the car?
Im planning to plasti dip the vents, i will pick my car up tomorrow. Do you think the old hood would fit into my car? I had it delivered in there shop.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Im planning to plasti dip the vents, i will pick my car up tomorrow. Do you think the old hood would fit into my car? I had it delivered in there shop.
Take your hood off before you go and put it on at the shop lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't know if you could get it in there or not. It's worth a shot, or call someone with a truck, and wrap some blankets around it. Maybe you could ask they shop if they're interested in buying the old hood.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know if you could get it in there or not. It's worth a shot, or call someone with a truck, and wrap some blankets around it. Maybe you could ask they shop if they're interested in buying the old hood.
Thanks ill figure it out.. I wanna keep the old hood and sell it in craigslist and at least get my money back.. :)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is the full view.. Cant wait til it finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would shop around. I have a trufiber hood also. The first quotes I got was 6 to 7 hundred. I found a small shop that did mine for $350. Do your homework and check out how long a shop has been in business and ask if they have done much with fiberglass with gel coating as it takes special prep. In my case they done a good job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts