Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have a metal knob do they get hot? mine has been and i was just wondering, i have a 35th knob.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Do you meet the shifter "ball" or what ever? If so, it could be from the sun, and i'm going to assume it's aluminum. If you don't know anything about aluminum, it magnifies tempertures. So if it's cold, the aluminum will make it colder and if it hot, the will be hotter.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
i know this is off topic but spectorV how is the steeda shifter? is it better the the mac one u had before?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had B&M before, the B&m is shorter than the steeda, not as springy as the steeda, and doest not get hot like the steeda.

the pros of the steeda vs the B&M is the steeda has more push to 3rd from 2nd the handle is higher up and farther back for more ease of use, and the handle is removable so what ever type handle you want to run with it.

the B&M has probably 20% shorter throw than the steeda at least 15%

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I have a Mach 1 ball knob, its doent get hot, only if it sits in the sun, and after ur drive from it sitting it cools off

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just noticed after i drove home and let it sit in the garage for an hour, i go back out and the knob is hot ..... i guess its just the aluminum or something....

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
yea it takes in heat, but driving after 2 minutes with windows down it gets cool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts