Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 bullitt and my dad is putting pipes on it for Christmas do not know much about either. It has flowmaster 44s on it. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I have a 01 bullitt and my dad is putting pipes on it for Christmas do not know much about either. It has flowmaster 44s on it. What do you guys think?
Bassani off road X!!
I'm running a bassani off road X with Borla S-type with a pair of Borla high flow cats I love it!

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I'm in the exact predicament of x or h with 44's
X=will give about 3 more HP and will be louder and a little more raspy than a H.
H=will be a little less loud little less HP but less raspy and they say it gives more of a old school muscle car sound.

(I don't know how they sound so I can't say the H is a bad sound cause I have never owned one but that's what I hear alot of people say its a old school muscle car sound)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ryan7racin said:
X=will give about 3 more HP and will be louder and a little more raspy than a H.
H=will be a little less loud little less HP but less raspy and they say it gives more of a old school muscle car sound.

(I don't know how they sound so I can't say the H is a bad sound cause I have never owned one but that's what I hear alot of people say its a old school muscle car sound)
Thanks a bunch!
Yea it's mainly up to sound and one week I like one one it's the next ahaha

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts

I thought the same thing about them, I didn't like x pipes much until I heard the Bassani X...

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I thought the same thing about them, I didn't like x pipes much until I heard the Bassani X...
Hooked up with Borla sounds even more amazing! I'm happy with mine I wouldn't Mind having a H pipe just to see if there really is a huge difference. But if I had to do it all over again I would do the same thing... Bassani X-pipe!

·
Registered
598 Posts
H pipe is just as loud as an x. They're just not raspy and have a deeper, rumble ur balls kind of exhaust note LOL. X pipe you only get that 3 extra hp in high rpms. H pipe has more low end torque. Nothing really noticeable at all in terms of a difference of power between the two. I have an h pipe and I love it! decide purely on the sound you prefer. I don't like the raspy-ness as much, that's why I went h. Many ppl love the raspy sound tho so it's all opinion. Either way o/r mid pipes kick ass! :headbang:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
H pipe is just as loud as an x. They're just not raspy and have a deeper, rumble ur balls kind of exhaust note LOL. X pipe you only get that 3 extra hp in high rpms. H pipe has more low end torque. Nothing really noticeable at all in terms of a difference of power between the two. I have an h pipe and I love it! decide purely on the sound you prefer. I don't like the raspy-ness as much, that's why I went h. Many ppl love the raspy sound tho so it's all opinion. Either way o/r mid pipes kick ass! :headbang:
That "Raspiness" also depends on your setup as a whole!.. And generally comes from exhausts with baffle style mufflers!.. Get one with a flow through design and that "Raspiness" goes away!..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts