Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. I just had flowmaster super 44s put on my 04 gt and I like the sound but I want to go louder. But I also need to be able to pass an annual emissions test. Any suggestions on how to make exhaust louder and be legal and not completely empty my wallet?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Off road pipes will make it louder but also fail emissions... You could go with a catted xpipe and it may be a little louder.. Or I know a lot of guys on here run off road X or H pipes and then just switch back to the stock one when they have emissions.. Does you car have the California emissions package stock do you know?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have an offroad H pipe. It sounds awesome and is 1/4th of the cost. I don't like x pipes. The sound is too raspy for me. If you want muscle car sound go with H. And when it comes to emissions just put back the stock and ten take it off after

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah just go bolt on. If you have the California emissions package, then I believe you have 4 cats on your car. You can remove 2 of them and it should be louder as well. That is if money is really an issue.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Idk what a mil eliminator is but I've already got it planned to get a tuner in a week or two when I get payed again. I've got a bbk cai sitting at home waiting on me to put it on. Can y'all tell me the difference between American muscles bama tuner, diablosport intune, and I think it was sct?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Idk what a mil eliminator is but I've already got it planned to get a tuner in a week or two when I get payed again. I've got a bbk cai sitting at home waiting on me to put it on. Can y'all tell me the difference between American muscles bama tuner, diablosport intune, and I think it was sct?
You will be one happy person when you put all that on... And as far as tuners I'm not sure. Almost everyone I have seen gets the Bama one so I think it safe to say that's what I would go with.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I always loved the sound of an o/r H on the 2v 4.6's, especially with flows.

Mustang GT Flowmaster Super 44's O/R H-Pipe Exhaust - YouTube

I think that sounds mean
Same setup for me, lt headers, mac prochamber offroad H pipe, flows. Deep sounding but screams when you lay on it! Scared the piss out of a guy standing beside a car ( I was backing into the spot next to him) after I put her in reverse and revved up, I thought he had a heart attack! I would of paid money to have that recorded

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.