Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some give me the h.p gains that a airaid Cai will give you, if any, without a tune? Or will it just look pretty?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nah dude. The tuneless CAI from Airaid will give you a gain. Not steep, but the bottom line is your stock exhaust breathes way better than your stock air box. You will feel a gain. Plus, the cockpit sound is worth it alone. But yes, you'll see maybe 5-7 WHP with a CAI. Will it be huge, no. Will you feel it, yes.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

Not without a tune but a tuner is a must have for any mods for theses cars
+1. I agree from experience, but disagree because you'll feel it. But he's right. I've heard nothing but that, the 2011+ wakes up from a tune. And as for mine, I had a CAI and full exhaust when I got my Bama... Difference was night and day. Get a tune bro.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Nah dude. The tuneless CAI from Airaid will give you a gain. Not steep, but the bottom line is your stock exhaust breathes way better than your stock air box. You will feel a gain. Plus, the cockpit sound is worth it alone. But yes, you'll see maybe 5-7 WHP with a CAI. Will it be huge, no. Will you feel it, yes.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

+1. I agree from experience, but disagree because you'll feel it. But he's right. I've heard nothing but that, the 2011+ wakes up from a tune. And as for mine, I had a CAI and full exhaust when I got my Bama... Difference was night and day. Get a tune bro.
I only thought bbk made a tuneless cai

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Im going to order one and enjoy the little gain ill receive and really enjoy the sound from what people say about it. Then further down the line when I'm ready to tune ill already have it. Thx.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Garbill, no buddy. Airaid is the best company right now for the sixxer. They make a tuneless CAI. I love mine.

As for gain dude, you'll feel it on the peddle. And love it in the ear. I highly suggest first tune is CAI, and second is tune. You'll smoke a stock with that five bills spent. Easy. Lest he/she has a tricky foot on the clutch and your running auto...

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

The only gain I had was better mpg. But that's enough for me . Oh and it looks good
+1. It'll pay for itself in a year or two.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Garbill, no buddy. Airaid is the best company right now for the sixxer. They make a tuneless CAI. I love mine.

As for gain dude, you'll feel it on the peddle. And love it in the ear. I highly suggest first tune is CAI, and second is tune. You'll smoke a stock with that five bills spent. Easy. Lest he/she has a tricky foot on the clutch and your running auto...

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

+1. It'll pay for itself in a year or two.
Sold! Thx. Better throttle response? That's the one I'm looking at on A.M along with roush axelbacks, new wheel/tire combo, GT 500 spoiler, painted mirror covers. I'm counting down the days to order time! Got an extra 300$ and gonna add the airaid Cai.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts