Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get 40 series delta flow but i am wondering which piping job should i get done? which would sound the best on my V6.. i wanna have a nice idle sound but not too loud. i chose the delta flows because of the deep sound it has... not very loud but deep. which piping job would sound the best and give me the most HP gain?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
If you dont want 'loud' i wouldnt go with flomasters.
They do get super loud.

CHeck out the multimedia section on www.232stangs.com, we have some trueduals and some y pipe kits.

I have 2 straight pipes, with flow 40's and it sounds so unbelievable. Ill never change them, but its loud...but i love that even more.
Great idle.

H pipe will not increase power, but lower the sound a little and take out the "poping" sound.
So really its up to you if u want to spend 300 bucks on that.
You can get a Exhaust shop to fabricate one for maybe like another 100.
And use 2.25 piping to keep back pressure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the H-pipe. Does lower the sound a little. Still get a little poping but it sounds good. I went with the Mac because everywhere I went all I heard was flows. Is still loud enough for people to notice a Mustang and say "nice" not "Redneck".

·
Registered
21 Posts
One thing to know about the exhaust on V6 stangs... because of the firing order, there is no scavaging of power when using an H-pipe or and X-pipe like on the V8's. Any of the three will give you relatively the same amount of power, but each has there own unique sound. So, basically it's what you want it to sound like and how much you want to spend. X-pipes cost a lot more to build than and H-pipe. I personally went with dual flows with an H-pipe. I absoluetly love it!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/72798696/83876120VQHyGN

1 - 10 of 10 Posts