Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay do I have money to buy the off-road h pipe but I have emissions here in Utah and I would just switch to my factory pipe when I have emissions, but I am just afraid by switching back and forth I will screw things up and not be able to pass emissions what you guys think?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
No you won't screw anything up unless you mess up one of you're o2, I switch back and forth all the time easy 10 min

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I wouldn't be as worried about your o2 sensors but worry that you will strip a exhaust manifold stud. You should be fine doing what your saying but be careful.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I think I might do it!! I hope I will see a sound difference.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Do I need to buy new 02 sensors or just extensions?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If you'r 02 year and up you need extensions and you will not need to buy new o2 sensors. O2 sensors are tuff to get out unless you have a o2 socket made for it and also spray a little pb blaster on it to knock off rust. I have the MAC h-pipe on mine and YES very noticeble difference. I like h over x pipes

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Is that all I need?
Yes. Have you ever taken off a stock mid pipe? The passenger side is a b!$& to get off. The top bolt is the hardest and it can easily be rounded off. I used extensions that wobble and it worked like a charm. Pb blaster is your best friend during this job.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay so my dad talked me out of getting the pipe and buying something else for the car sense my emmisions are in may ill just buy one after that so it will be summer then and be warm to put it on. So now I got to decide what to get?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Tb/plenum

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yup. Much better throttle response

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have under drive pullies I just need to put them on but I think I might just get some more interior things and save some cause I'm going to be going on a cruise soon so.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hey the Mods never end sooner or later you will come back around to it. Happy hunting! What interior mods are you thinking?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The gauge ring bezels and mgw ebrake handle and redoing my interior in carbonfiber. But I am now thinking wheel spacers sense I have the stock 17x8 bullits still to give me a wider stance since I'm lowered it will look good?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If you'r 02 year and up you need extensions and you will not need to buy new o2 sensors. O2 sensors are tuff to get out unless you have a o2 socket made for it and also spray a little pb blaster on it to knock off rust. I have the MAC h-pipe on mine and YES very noticeble difference. I like h over x pipes
My stang is an 03 and I have the MAC prochamber, I didn't need to buy O2 extensions

1 - 20 of 21 Posts