Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Im gonna wimp out and not get headers. Just gonna go o/r h with flowmaster 40s. Anyone know what size the stock exhaust headers are.. And what kinda mid pipe theres tons out there

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You're gonna look for 2 1/4 exhaust, 2 1/2 should bolt up as well.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
This is my set up and the cheapest way to go. Not that they are cheap this place sells it the cheapest. I didn't like flowmaster is rubbed my axle and always seemed like it rattled a lot and I hear that a lot from flowmaster. Plus it says flowmaster is bolt on but in a month you will be going to a shop to get them welded on. MAC is a true bolt on design with real chrome rolled tips. I also attached a video.

H-Pipe
http://treperformance.com/i-125265-99-04-cobra-gt-2-5-dura-black-coated.html

Cat Back
http://treperformance.com/i-125224-96-04-gt-96-98-cobra-2-5-system-3-tips.html

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUzmXSOlc5U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did u do it urself..u got stock headers. Love the sound of those MAC. Nasty growl

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I put mac o/r h and borla catback on my wife's gt. Definitely turns heads without giving you a headache on the hoghway

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Did u do it urself..u got stock headers. Love the sound of those MAC. Nasty growl
Yes took me about 3hrs to do it all. Yes I have stock headers. Long tubes aren't necessary until you get more power. The stock headers work well. The hardest part of this job is taking off the stock mid pipe. The passenger side is hard to get off the header make sure to use pb blaster. Lots of people say to get a torch and heat up the studs until they are cherry red and the bolt comes off easy. I had impact tools and wobble extensions that worked great. It takes some time on the cat back but as long as you just snug the bolts so you can adjust the pipes and when you get it where you want it tighten all the bolts beginning at the mid pipe back so you can adjust as you go. It's really not that hard just on you back for a while.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
R6man said:
Ok I def want headers at some point did u tune it after
If you are wanting long tubes in the future then you will be wasting money now. Will need a different midpipe for longtubes.

A tune is not necessary. Mil eliminators should turn off the check engine light.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have bbk long tube headers bbk o/r x pipe and Mac catback. Definitely worth it. If you want a video I can send you on. Shoot me a pm with your email

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
R6man said:
Is there no midpipe that will work on stock headers then on lt
Nope

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes took me about 3hrs to do it all. Yes I have stock headers. Long tubes aren't necessary until you get more power. The stock headers work well. The hardest part of this job is taking off the stock mid pipe. The passenger side is hard to get off the header make sure to use pb blaster. Lots of people say to get a torch and heat up the studs until they are cherry red and the bolt comes off easy. I had impact tools and wobble extensions that worked great. It takes some time on the cat back but as long as you just snug the bolts so you can adjust the pipes and when you get it where you want it tighten all the bolts beginning at the mid pipe back so you can adjust as you go. It's really not that hard just on you back for a while.
"Long tubes aren't necessary until you get more power." HA!! Define necessary. Maybe they're not necessary per sey, but they CERTAINLY HELP!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
"Is it necessary??!?! Is it necessary to drink my own urine?? No but I like the taste of it" quote off of dodgeball that made me think of this reply :) ^

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
If you are wanting long tubes in the future then you will be wasting money now. Will need a different midpipe for longtubes.

A tune is not necessary. Mil eliminators should turn off the check engine light.
18 mm non foulers work for the check engine light when you install o/r x or h pipe.and only cost around 5 dollars. Not 50 to 70 dollars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts