Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post here. I have a 2011 3.7L V6 Mustang, currently equipped with BBK Shorty Headers and Corsa Sport Axelbacks... also, previous owner had an x-pipe installed, not sure what brand or if it was custom. I've been looking into changing that to an H-Pipe, but cant seem to find one besides Lethal Performance O/R H-Pipe. What other options are there? I don't suppose a GT H-pipe would fit the V6? I dont really want to remove the catalytic converters... It is my daily driver. My idea was to get the Lethal Performance Off-Road H-pipe and finding a custom exhaust shop fix it to use stock cats... but if there is a better way to get that hpipe sound... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
From the youtube video's I've seen on our v6's, I couldn't tell any sound difference between an X pipe or H pipe. Might be why the aftermarket has lost interest in selling the H pipe :( . Anyway, you get more power from the X pipe :) . A good exhaust shop should be able to cut and weld in the Lethal Performance H pipe :). If you do this, come back and tell us what it sounds like :)

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here’s a person on a Facebook group I’m on selling custom catted H-pipes.

Collins Industries

Update: I just talked to the owner and he makes a cut and clamp H-pipe. I just asked for the price and will update this post when I get it.

Price: $350 plus shipping

Reactions: David Young

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That's a great find. I hope ToyoDreamer9 reads about it :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! I will certainly look into that one. I will have to see how much it would cost to customize this LP Hpipe to stock cats and compare.

I also looked into the MRT Catted Hpipe. It is pricey and i heard rumors that cats might not last that long... Not sure where or when i heard that, but too pricey to take the chance, I think.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the info! I will certainly look into that one. I will have to see how much it would cost to customize this LP Hpipe to stock cats and compare.

I also looked into the MRT Catted Hpipe. It is pricey and i heard rumors that cats might not last that long... Not sure where or when i heard that, but too pricey to take the chance, I think.
Shoot a text to (270) 507-9532 and he can hook you up with a cut and clamp H-pipe that fits the stock pipe.

Tell him Brent Biggers told you about it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
TokyoDreamer9, You do know the cut and clamp H-Pipe you use your factory catts? You just cut out the factory hybrid X-Pipe and clamp in the H-Pipe. You get to use all the factory exhaust........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post here. I have a 2011 3.7L V6 Mustang, currently equipped with BBK Shorty Headers and Corsa Sport Axelbacks... also, previous owner had an x-pipe installed, not sure what brand or if it was custom. I've been looking into changing that to an H-Pipe, but cant seem to find one besides Lethal Performance O/R H-Pipe. What other options are there? I don't suppose a GT H-pipe would fit the V6? I dont really want to remove the catalytic converters... It is my daily driver. My idea was to get the Lethal Performance Off-Road H-pipe and finding a custom exhaust shop fix it to use stock cats... but if there is a better way to get that hpipe sound... Any suggestions?
Appreciate if you share update about the h-pipe. We'll be working on buddy's incoming 2012 V6 3.7L project after we finished installing the brake pads and dually trucks wheels on the current F-350 project. He's looking to get the h-pipe as well for the Mustang.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So finally got an H-Pipe. Got the Mak Performance 2011 3.7l O/R H-pipe and had it customized to use stock cats. It sounds pretty good, although thinking I should change mufflers... corsa sport to maybe MRT interceptors, or perhaps borla stype... not sure, long way away (expensive indeed). Using a base SCT tune, sounds a bit better than untuned.... still waiting on MPT to update my tunes.

Wish i could have a comparison video of MRT Interceptors vs Borla Vs Roush. Can't find any videos of sound of this with other exhaust mods either (all videos I believe are stock -MRT A/B), so buying this will be a gamble... Anywho, that change wont be for a long while due to price.

In short, I believe I am liking it so far. Can't wait for my custom MPT tunes to be updated... Should be Monday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: MPT 93 PRX Tune in. It sounds really good. This is probably just the Corsa Axleback, but the Idle is kinda quiet, but it sounds real good when you get into it. Have had thoughts of switching to Roush, but kinda scared that might be a little too loud. Maybe I'll try it out later... I have actually wanted to learn how to install parts myself...anywho, just rambling now. I think it was worth the change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts