Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 with the brembo package and im looking at the h&r drop springs from AM, its an inch drop upfront and 2 inches in the back , i do understand that this spring would perform better with a stiffer set of shocks, but whe i order the car with the brembo package it said that it came with a stiffer suspension.. Would i need to upgrade shocks also or the oem bremos would be ok?, im trying NOT TO LOOK like a bouncy civic , im looking for good performance and good looks , even tou i do not expect the same as a good set of coilovers

·
Registered
67 Posts
sinister said:
I have the h&r ss springs on mine and it handles great not bouncy at all I'm using stock shocks
Which H&R springs did you go with? I want to lower mine and get better handling. It is not a DD but about 2 days or more a week I drive it to work about 45 minutes away but I drive it:) and want the handling. Don't need a race car but definitely want a good handler that looks great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
sinister said:
The h&r super sport springs lowerd it 2.4 in the rear and 1.7 in the front it looks sweet got them from am
Thanks that is the one I am wanting to get, will be ordering them this weekend. I have heard I need to have an adjustable pan head bar or something to keep the rear end centered and what about shocks you are using stock for now?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I love my H&R SS's. they are a quality German component and offer a beautiful stance to our cars. My only gripe Is rubbing occasionally on speed bumps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
13StangGT said:
Thanks that is the one I am wanting to get, will be ordering them this weekend. I have heard I need to have an adjustable pan head bar or something to keep the rear end centered and what about shocks you are using stock for now?
Yes I have the stock shocks and I didn't get the adjustable pan hard bar bc mine was in spec but I think I just got lucky every body else I know had to have it so its realy just up to u if u get it or not if u need it I would seriously recommend getting it

·
Registered
142 Posts
H&R super sports, stock struts and shocks for now, sitting on staggered 20's. Handles great after the wheels and tires. This is a bit bouncy over rougher roads.

ForumRunner_20121124_174313.png

·
Registered
453 Posts
Brembo cars have higher spring rates but the same shocks and struts as standard GT's. They are also have GT500 LCA bushings.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Heartless said:
H&R super sports, stock struts and shocks for now, sitting on staggered 20's. Handles great after the wheels and tires. This is a bit bouncy over rougher roads.
What size tires you running thinking bought getting 20s over 19s

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

View attachment 77554
Nice the drop seems about right , is that a roush front splitter ?? , i was kind of not sure about getting it , but if thats what you ricking and it looks so nice i guess im going to have to get

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Here is a pic I just shot for u sorry its so far away was walking in the store haha
Even on 18's it looks nice too

·
Registered
142 Posts
Villero1834 said:
Nice the drop seems about right , is that a roush front splitter ?? , i was kind of not sure about getting it , but if thats what you ricking and it looks so nice i guess im going to have to get

Thanks. The drop is perfect for me. Yes, it's the roush splitter. Pain to install but worth it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Villero1834 said:

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Even on 18's it looks nice too
Yea I like it I couldent stand the stock 18s till the lowering came now they are ok but still going to get some 19s

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hey guys im bringing this thread back to life because i got the springs , im now wondering if i shoukd get the gt500 strut mounts as well or not , whats the reason i should get it ? I heard a lot of people talking about but does anybody try to lower the car without using them ?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey guys im bringing this thread back to life because i got the springs , im now wondering if i shoukd get the gt500 strut mounts as well or not , whats the reason i should get it ? I heard a lot of people talking about but does anybody try to lower the car without using them ?
You'll have noise in the front end if you don't and it'll smooth out the ride. And I'm pretty sure they'll good bad quickly when you lower.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
GT500 mounts will not for your stock struts, these can only be used on the 05-09 struts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts