Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in my H&R Super Sport springs. I'm gonna put them on soon with bike tubes no iso's. Am I going to need CC plates or can I get away with just camber bolts? I've read conflicting views on whether or not I'm gonna need CC plates. Anyone with these springs, what did you use? Here's a link to springs. http://www.americanmuscle.com/h-r-sport-springs-96-04.html
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,052 Posts
ive never used camber bolts so I dont know but something will be required regardless. Some CC plates wont give you enough adjustment also so research that. I would aim for MM's 4 bolt CC plates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I'll check those out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
I did mine with stock isos to get more of a drop but still have isos and I used camber bolts and got a perfect alignment so the bolts will work!!!! Happy lowering!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sonicblue11 said:
That's funny haha I got mine like 3 weeks ago and I'm using the stock isos, why bike tube?
Because they're thinner and will give it more of a drop. And bike tubes are more durable then things like duct tape or electrical tape. Or nothing lol. I don't want squeaks.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

RUNNWLD said:
I did mine with stock isos to get more of a drop but still have isos and I used camber bolts and got a perfect alignment so the bolts will work!!!! Happy lowering!!
Thanks man! Appreciate the info
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
RUNNWLD said:
I did mine with stock isos to get more of a drop but still have isos and I used camber bolts and got a perfect alignment so the bolts will work!!!! Happy lowering!!
How long did it take you to do the springs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
JetLife 01GT said:
Just got in my H&R Super Sport springs. I'm gonna put them on soon with bike tubes no iso's. Am I going to need CC plates or can I get away with just camber bolts? I've read conflicting views on whether or not I'm gonna need CC plates. Anyone with these springs, what did you use? Here's a link to springs. http://www.americanmuscle.com/h-r-sport-springs-96-04.html
CC PLATES help If your front wheels are over sized. I had to use them. Stock broke apart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
RUNNWLD said:
Post pics when done!!
I got everything on today! It looks good and I will have pics tmmrw for before and after, but man 4 hours my ass haha it took like 7 hours man, we got the front struts with the springs on with no problem but my tie rod end was completely torn so I had to replace that, after that it was a breeze but them another problem came up, fml right?! Lol the bolts where the rear and the lower control arm connects to we're all boogered up and didn't want to budge for anything, had to run to Home Depot to get new bolts for that but to get the bolt out was a pain! It literally took like 3 hours just to get them out on both sides of the rear but I guess hard work pays off right? :p but the ride is great and better than ever! Going through tight corners is great, no more body roll or flew its just stiff all around and feels great! So happy with H&R super sport and tokico shocks and struts= a great combo! Every mustang should have them!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Sonicblue11 said:
Not yett haha it doesn't feel like it does but I will later down the line
I told you man gives it a badass stance right!!!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Sonicblue11 said:
Not yett haha it doesn't feel like it does but I will later down the line
You used stock isos right?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top