Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had my first mustang moment today coming out of work, did a quick turn to get in the highway from the parking lot ,3k rmps on first , trew 2nd and the car spun out and was a little jumpy and ****...and did a little burn out (thats what i tou)on my mind it was nothing out of this world ,since i let her tail go loose any chance i got because im trying to learn how to roll the car's body...(got the car for almost a month)
After that i look at my rearview mirrors just to see a bunch of cars coming out of the huge smoke cloud that my girl left on the strip.... G dammmmm u Ford and ur sense of security that does not let my ass realize that im strapped to a freaking rocket... Love my mustang :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Just want it to share

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had that on route 22 the other day! so many cars coming and i had about 2 seconds to get on just let is loose and i was gone haha...
cool story bro tell it again!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Same thing happened to me two days ago. I pulled out of the parking lot at work about and onto the highway which is a 65 mph speed zone. Well I took off in second and dusted the tires off a bit and the hit third kinda hard next thing I know my car was sideways looking into the median. I straighten it out but I had to change me undies haha so did the guy next to me. All this happened with the nannies on. I'm pretty sure it was the drop in temperature that night that harden the tires. I had this car a year and it still lets me know who is boss. So guys in the northern states I fill for you. I've already programmed the mykey for an 80mph speed limit and I hate it. Stay safe this winter and remember to let your tires heat up.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Basically you're all scaring the crap out of me haha, I haven't had any moment like this yet and hopefully I won't have to because if I do I know it'll be when I'm next to a concrete wall.

Is this just a cold tire issue?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I did this the last time it rained. Coming home from school there is a left hand turn that goes up a 8 degree hill, well I hit it and the car spun side ways and the tires spun going up the entire hill. I was across both lanes. The guy beside me was scared, but I did it intentionally so I wasn't. Looking back if some one came over the hill going the other way I would have been screwed. It seems to happen when the road is tilted.

·
Registered
598 Posts
There's a simple solution: take some of the lead out of that right foot. :p:

If you aren't completely confident in controlling this beast when it gets loose (all too easy), I strongly suggest hitting an autocross event. You can then get it all kinds of loose & learn to control it in a safe environment.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Driver mod.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I spun a full 180 after taking my cats off. Wasn't thinking about the power increase and took a turn fast and gave bit gas kind of hard and next thing I know I was going backwards lol.

Thankfully didn't hit anyone or damage my car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've fishtailed a couple times lol! Happens when I get too excited :p

·
Registered
571 Posts
Happened again today, it was dry and I was trying too. At the same corner as well. Lots of fun. I'm going to look for some autocross events though, learn how to do it properly and maybe get some of the excitement out.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
DerekJohnScott said:
Happened again today, it was dry and I was trying too. At the same corner as well. Lots of fun. I'm going to look for some autocross events though, learn how to do it properly and maybe get some of the excitement out.
You'll never get rid of the excitement part. But ya find a track to do it on, no need in hurting someone or yourself.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
You'll never get rid of the excitement part. But ya find a track to do it on, no need in hurting someone or yourself.
big empy parking lot. Walmart, sams, meijer, etc.

I learned minor drifting in an abandoned kmart parking lot in my uncles 350Z.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did meant that it was awesome, not that i was scared.. Im also doing stuff at my works parking lot , i just hope hr doesnt call me to the office since im always on cam lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts