Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it hailed this bad in New Orleans. I've never seen gulf ball-sized hail down here, and when I saw my car I shed tears......when I saw my little brothers mustang, (the blue one), I cried. This has to be fixed fast. I have parts for my car en route!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Jeez, a car cover wouldn't have even helped, garage or bust right there. Sorry man, hope it gets taken care of quickly and easily.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm in Gretna, I got a quick look at my car at 6am in the rain and so far from what I can see I have no damage. Sorry to here about your car :-(

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Wow that's sucks so bad, I'm a Dent Wizard tech and that's really bad for it to tear up an aluminum hood like that. Hopefully u get patched up quick

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I live in gretna.... I came home and there is no damage in my neighborhood. It's all in marrero, Harvey, and Houma.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shop I'm bringing it to said depending in the estimate from insurance, he would get an aftermarket hood for me instead of just getting the OEM. So hopefully this turns into something positive, cuz I feel pretty beat up at the moment.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Im sad for you :cry: I feel bad :/

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can't believe it hailed this bad in New Orleans. I've never seen gulf ball-sized hail down here, and when I saw my car I shed tears......when I saw my little brothers mustang, (the blue one), I cried. This has to be fixed fast. I have parts for my car en route!!!!

Mine got hit here in Bogalusa, LA. But luckily no damage, I would've been pissed!! Sorry for you dude!

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
Fffffffuuuuuuuuu...... That's sucks man, time to upgrade now I guess, at least the good anyways. I would look for the Saleen power dome hood for 10-12, the best hood for our cars IMO

This is kpd's old GT/CS with the Saleen hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
Damn!!! That must have been some serious hail!! how did you even sleep through that???

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
When I moved to Denver for awhile, one of the first things I saw were a couple dealerships with rows and rows of cars with hail damage like that. You had to buy separate hail insurance there, I assume because its relatively common. I was like, why did I move here?

Damn!!! That must have been some serious hail!! how did you even sleep through that???
I was on the top floor of my house in CT one time when it started hailing. It suddenly sounded like a thousand marbles were being poured on the roof and rolling down it. I grabbed a thick blanket and ran to my car but still got about a dozen dents of varying degrees.

Hope you get fixed up quick OP. Id be curious what the damage totals are if you guys dont mind sharing when you get your estimates.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It rarely hails here in New Orleans too. I'm going to the appraiser tomorrow. And hopefully I can get the upgrades I want from the body shop I'm going to. Ill show you guys the estimate when I get it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
That sucks man. I'm sorry to see that. I don't know what I would have done. Quick run to the closet Home Depot to get a big tarp and set up a tent over the car!

You know, the car is more aerodynamic now...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts