Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my birthday is coming up and I can't decide what to tell the wife to get me for the stang. I'm thinking either lowering springs or a short shifter?
Looking to spend somewhere around $200-$250. What do you guys think?

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
So my birthday is coming up and I can't decide what to tell the wife to get me for the stang. I'm thinking either lowering springs or a short shifter?
Looking to spend somewhere around $200-$250. What do you guys think?
Congrats! Is say MGW short throw FTW! A gift you get to experience every time you drive her.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Azure said:
Congrats! Is say MGW short throw FTW! A gift you get to experience every time you drive her.
+1. my MGW is probably my favorite mod so far. But my H&R race springs plus camber bolts were also within that price range, and they improved the handling and turn in greatly. There is no wrong answer if your choosing between the two though.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Azure said:
X100000000000 no regrets...

Ps. Happy birthday

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Happy bday to u. Mine aint for another 2 months hoping to get cc plates for mine.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
MachMan1017 said:
Is installing a short throw shifter pretty straight forward? I've watched videos on them.
Yeah it's easy...I took my time and had it done in less than a hour and a half...but my bolts were stubborn too...

·
Registered
366 Posts
2002VertGT said:
Yeah it's easy...I took my time and had it done in less than a hour and a half...but my bolts were stubborn too...
You don't need to be under the car at any time? Just take the bolts off, scrape old adhesive off placing it in and hooking back up? And timing the gears?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was planning on doing it myself with some help from my dad. He is a mechanic so I figure with our powers combined we should be able to figure it out. I hope!

The stock boot will still work correct?

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
MachMan1017 said:
You don't need to be under the car at any time? Just take the bolts off, scrape old adhesive off placing it in and hooking back up? And timing the gears?
Nope. I crawled under my car just so that I could put a screw driver on the bottom of the old shifter and break it loose that way.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
JCOB72 said:
Any of you guys use one of MGW's shift knobs? They look pretty cool.
I have the black with red stripes. It looks and feels amazing in my hand.

As for the install, it it super easy. I did it on a dark parking lot after work with no lights other than my dome light

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
MachMan1017 said:
I never left the drivers seat when installing mine....not sure what you mean by timing the gears....

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

JCOB72 said:
I was planning on doing it myself with some help from my dad. He is a mechanic so I figure with our powers combined we should be able to figure it out. I hope!

The stock boot will still work correct?
Yes! Just follow the directions. Just if you have a 3650 take the shift stops out of the shifter!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts