Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Mustang pre-owned and the dealership cannot provide me with more information than what is on paper. The day I test drove my car, I also test drove an '08. The '08 was a much smother ride but mine just looked meaner. My question is, what would cause my car to have a stiffer ride? It has bigger wheels but does not appear to be any lower.

·
Registered
173 Posts
There are many things that can cause a car to ride stiffer. You mentioned the car having bigger wheels, what size tires does it have? More specifically, what profile are the tires? Less rubber = bumpier ride. Also, are you sure the springs haven't been replaced. All lowering kits do not make the car super low so visually speaking, you may not be able to see a difference.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. The tires are 35 and the rims are 20". I have no idea if the springs were replaced, is there an easy way to tell?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I guess the easiest way would be to google the stock riding height of the car and then measure yours. Maybe you could crawl underneath and see if there is a stamp on them with some aftermarket manufacturer's name or something. The tires are probably the bulk of your problem though, I think stock 18's come with 50 or 55s so that is a lot more rubber. Post a pic, I would like to check out your ride.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Tatsumake said:
That's the front one, the only difference is that rear tires are wider.
Is your car parked in your kitchen. Lol, nice floor.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Tatsumake said:
I bought my Mustang pre-owned and the dealership cannot provide me with more information than what is on paper. The day I test drove my car, I also test drove an '08. The '08 was a much smother ride but mine just looked meaner. My question is, what would cause my car to have a stiffer ride? It has bigger wheels but does not appear to be any lower.
Can u take a side pic of the whole car? I'm almost certain its dropped... 20s with low pro wouldn't look right unless they're lowered, remember that these cars are pretty high from factory, especially in the rear

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Tatsumake said:
Here are some angles....
Definitely lowered. It would look like a jeep 4x4 if it didn't have springs. Especially with 20's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep yours is lower than mine and mine is lowered lol. If you don't like the ride, I have a set of factory spring, shocks, and struts in my garage you can get...for a small fee of course :)

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
That's pretty F-in low. I don't think anything you replace will help the ride as long as you have those springs.

My suggestion would be to get some quality springs and replace what you've got. It'll raise the car a bit but your ride will greatly improve.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all of you for your advise and laughs... I love the look of the car and I'm willing to sacrifice comfort for looks. HA!! I will look into different tires for sure.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I don't think it looks that low ... my car doesn't seem to sit much higher (if at all) and I'm on eibach pro kit springs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts