Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking up videos for months on youtube and i just cant seem to decide. I cant afford a cat back and i dont want to change to an x or h pipe so with that said i would be changing mufflers. i thought i was sold on flowmaster original 40s but i am seeing some complainants with rust issues. if you get the stainless steel ones does this prevent rusting? also what in your opinion is a better sound the original 40s or the super 44. feel free to mention others that you like please as it would help me with the process. :confused:

·
Registered
202 Posts
ive been looking up videos for months on youtube and i just cant seem to decide. I cant afford a cat back and i dont want to change to an x or h pipe so with that said i would be changing mufflers. i thought i was sold on flowmaster original 40s but i am seeing some complainants with rust issues. if you get the stainless steel ones does this prevent rusting? also what in your opinion is a better sound the original 40s or the super 44. feel free to mention others that you like please as it would help me with the process. :confused:
I have the super 44 series with my American thunder car back. I haven't had any complaints with rust and my at sounds great.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the super 44 series with my American thunder car back. I haven't had any complaints with rust and my at sounds great.
well since you have the american thunder cat back obviously yours would sound meaner haha but is it too loud for you? i obviously dont want too loud but of course want a great sound deep and loud. thats why its so hard with youtube videos :banghead:

·
Registered
202 Posts
well since you have the american thunder cat back obviously yours would sound meaner haha but is it too loud for you? i obviously dont want too loud but of course want a great sound deep and loud. thats why its so hard with youtube videos :banghead:
It really not all that loud at all honestly. It's deeper than stock but it's still somewhat quit in my opinion. Try Autoanything.com they have a first time buyers discount as well. It's who I got mine through

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man..one more question, how this the drone? alot of people say its pretty bad

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not really all that bad. But I do have a system in my car that is louder than that lol. Without my system it's not really all that bad though
ok thanks again

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the biggest difference buy slp loudmouth mufflers.
i listened to a few videos of them they seem a little too loud and raspy what do you think? is that what you have?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
mustang17 said:
i listened to a few videos of them they seem a little too loud and raspy what do you think? is that what you have?
It's what I want lol. But if ur keeping everything else stock It really won't be that big of a rasp. Once u take ur cats out is when it really gets raspy

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's what I want lol. But if ur keeping everything else stock It really won't be that big of a rasp. Once u take ur cats out is when it really gets raspy
yeah im going to keep everything else stock, any experience with the original 40s?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
slp's are the way to go. my setup is loud but thats becuz i have an off road x as well. i had flow 40's before and it was soooo quiet for me even with my off road x. switching to slp's was a great choice. also my lil bro has flowmaster 10's and sound sexy as **** too

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i hear the 10s are a little too much, you like them? and do you guys think if i keep everything stock i will really hear a difference because like you guys said you have off road x

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i know it wont be a huge difference but i obviously want a noticeable difference

1 - 20 of 235 Posts