Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been having trouble starting my stang. Me and my co-worker (I'm an apprentice mechanic at a mostly foreign specialty shop) have tried a couple of things to fix it so far. But let me start with telling what I'm running I guess. I have a offroad x-pipe resonator with glass packs for my exhaust. We first decided to check the MAF sensor and air filter. They were both crapy so we replaced them for awhile it solved the problem and it would start up first crank. But now it's back to its phase of semi-cranking and dying right away and sometimes even backfiring. But then starting up the second time ALMOST every time. But it's really irritating and I want to fix this with out spending excess money on parts that won't fix it. So if anyone has had this problem before or can give an educated guess that would be that's causing this.

Our next thing we are going to look at is the idle control valve. But I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone else and how they fixed it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Does the car have good fuel pressure with the key on engine off? Put a pressure gauge on the schrader valve and see what it says.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the car have good fuel pressure with the key on engine off? Put a pressure gauge on the schrader valve and see what it says.
I've thought of that. But I feel like I've ruled that out due to the backfiring. Becuase the backfiring suggests I'm receiving to much fuel and dumping it into the exhaust. Then it explodes thus creating the magnificent and annoying backfire ya know?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You might have an injector stuck open. Or a vacuum leak that is throwing off your air fuel mixture. Check to see if air intake clamps are all tighten and no leaks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts