Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a foxbody vert. They don't make hard tops, that I'm aware of for them. So would it all be logical to go to a junkyard and cut the roof of a coupe foxbody and paint it to match? Or any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
What's your reasoning for a hard top?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have a foxbody vert. They don't make hard tops, that I'm aware of for them. So would it all be logical to go to a junkyard and cut the roof of a coupe foxbody and paint it to match? Or any other ideas?
wrong section man lol. but just going to say I would personally keep it original!

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
amnation said:
All year round driving. I want it to be my daily. I live in Washington.
Ah ok. The notch top would be your best bet. It will take some serious fabrication but can be doable.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I actually think it will be valueless because the frame will be worthless, you do understand that your frame isn't a reinforced frame like a real convertible

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

As soon as you do a spirited takeoff with the top not on the top will never fit right after that

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
McNassty said:
I actually think it will be valueless because the frame will be worthless, you do understand that your frame isn't a reinforced frame like a real convertible

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

As soon as you do a spirited takeoff with the top not on the top will never fit right after that
He's talking about putting a hard top on an existing convertible fox.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The car will lose value if you ever decide to sell it
Not selling it. It was built and restored by my grandpa. He bought the frame of it when I was 3 and told me it was gonna be mine and when I graduated he gave it to me. Pretty cool story. The car is entirely new. Suspension and all. The motor has 780 miles on it. But yeah.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Keep it convertible, there are two weeks here in Washington that are convertible weather, lol. Cut off a hard top and make it a removable hard top. That will keep the car original and perform as you like.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not selling it. It was built and restored by my grandpa. He bought the frame of it when I was 3 and told me it was gonna be mine and when I graduated he gave it to me. Pretty cool story. The car is entirely new. Suspension and all. The motor has 780 miles on it. But yeah.
Then why do you wanna go hackin it up like this?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
It should be a fairly easy job if your a fabricator. In the Fox day's, the car was designed as a coupe, then modified to be convertibles. I personally wouldn't change grandpa's handy work, unless he's still alive to help. It's definitely doable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts