Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a foxbody vert. They don't make hard tops, that I'm aware of for them. So would it all be logical to go to a junkyard and cut the roof of a coupe foxbody and paint it to match? Or any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
What's your reasoning for a hard top?

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
amnation said:
All year round driving. I want it to be my daily. I live in Washington.
Ah ok. The notch top would be your best bet. It will take some serious fabrication but can be doable.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I actually think it will be valueless because the frame will be worthless, you do understand that your frame isn't a reinforced frame like a real convertible

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

As soon as you do a spirited takeoff with the top not on the top will never fit right after that

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
McNassty said:
I actually think it will be valueless because the frame will be worthless, you do understand that your frame isn't a reinforced frame like a real convertible

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

As soon as you do a spirited takeoff with the top not on the top will never fit right after that
He's talking about putting a hard top on an existing convertible fox.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The car will lose value if you ever decide to sell it
Not selling it. It was built and restored by my grandpa. He bought the frame of it when I was 3 and told me it was gonna be mine and when I graduated he gave it to me. Pretty cool story. The car is entirely new. Suspension and all. The motor has 780 miles on it. But yeah.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Keep it convertible, there are two weeks here in Washington that are convertible weather, lol. Cut off a hard top and make it a removable hard top. That will keep the car original and perform as you like.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I have a foxbody vert. They don't make hard tops, that I'm aware of for them. So would it all be logical to go to a junkyard and cut the roof of a coupe foxbody and paint it to match? Or any other ideas?
It should be a fairly easy job if your a fabricator. In the Fox day's, the car was designed as a coupe, then modified to be convertibles. I personally wouldn't change grandpa's handy work, unless he's still alive to help. It's definitely doable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts