Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to wire three interior neons??? Right now they all have lighter plugs. I want to wire them to a switch.

I would appreicate as many details as possible.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Well, my StreetGlow neons had thin wires, so I wired them all up to much switch. I have two tubes under the dash. Do it like the switch says. One wire to the battery, one wire to a chasis ground, and one to the power on the neon. It's real easy.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
yeah, cut that cig lighter adapter off and strip the wires. One wire on your neon will need a 12 volt source, the other wires needs to be grounded. If the switch has 3 prongs on the back side of it, then connect the positive wire from the neons to the "acc" (accessory) prong, then give the switch a 12 volt source from somewhere, and ground everything correctly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZimStang said:
yeah, cut that cig lighter adapter off and strip the wires. One wire on your neon will need a 12 volt source, the other wires needs to be grounded. If the switch has 3 prongs on the back side of it, then connect the positive wire from the neons to the "acc" (accessory) prong, then give the switch a 12 volt source from somewhere, and ground everything correctly.

Where is an easy 12 volt access under the dash? The key word is easy!

·
Registered
386 Posts
ZimStang said:

beat me to it. lol.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
drmac said:
ZimStang said:

Where is an easy 12 volt access under the dash? The key word is easy!
the one that goes to your cigarette lighter in your ash tray... thatll do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts