Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to try out my ride now that it's broke in. Well i got on it good n afterwards it seemed to have a slight vibration and i noticed under good load it has a slight ping. When i set the timing from the start, I had it round 12°. Well i checked timing and it was round 22° with spout out. So i dropped it down to 12° and put the spout back in and it still showed 12°. Other than that she runs good. Seems like also the vibration may not be as bad since i dropped timing down. Confused!!!!! What gives?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I finally was able to try out my ride now that it's broke in. Well i got on it good n afterwards it seemed to have a slight vibration and i noticed under good load it has a slight ping. When i set the timing from the start, I had it round 12°. Well i checked timing and it was round 22° with spout out. So i dropped it down to 12° and put the spout back in and it still showed 12°. Other than that she runs good. Seems like also the vibration may not be as bad since i dropped timing down. Confused!!!!! What gives?
You have to remove and replace the spout with the engine off.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i recall im pretty sure i did. I know i switched it off to take it out. I double check in a min and reply back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Well i must have not shut it off to hook the spout back up. Checked it and i have 12-14 out and 32 total advance. Spout is obviously working. Lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks TH. Now i still gotta figure out the vibration. Its like it has a miss some where but why all of a sudden and right after giving it a lil hell? If the clutch has a lil chatter, can it cause these symptoms? Its driving me crazy! Get one thing straight and then something else acts up!

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
Finchms said:
Thanks TH. Now i still gotta figure out the vibration. Its like it has a miss some where but why all of a sudden and right after giving it a lil hell? If the clutch has a lil chatter, can it cause these symptoms? Its driving me crazy! Get one thing straight and then something else acts up!
Is it a miss or a vibration? If a vibration does it do it while free revving or only when put in gear and driving?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Maybe you have a plug or a wire misfiring at higher RPMs and the cylinder is loading up?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems to miss under load. If it is a miss it can cause some vibrations. Plugs are only 2 days old and plug wires are a couple months but ima check em anyway. I haven't had time to go thru it throughly but when i do and hopefully find the problem i will update.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well finally fixed my problem. It was the tfi module. After going thru everything i noticed the module had a busted spot on it. Idk if i done it at some pt that i can't remember or if it was already cracked or what but i installed a new one and she runs good as day one. No vibrations or miss. I have never had this happen. I always thought they just quit if bad but apparently not. Guess it makes sense though since it could have been arcing or missing a lil voltage causing it to miss but enough fire to run. Im just glad its running smooth n not still chasing problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts