Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
it does make it sound louder but i do have dual exhaust. i put it on after the exhaust upgrade so i wouldnt know how it would sound if you got stock. it sounds louder in the higher rpms like 3.5k mostly 4k

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Yah you probably won't notice too much of a difference with the stock exhaust, since it's very restrictive. I noticed a slightly deeper tone at idle, and a slightly louder tone wot. Not too much, but a noticeable amount.

CAI's are one of the mods that you do for appearance and don't expect too much in performance gains. It's more of a "I have one of those" type of things. You can pick one up on American Muscle for $74 or cheaper on ebay if you want, gain a couple hp's and a slightly louder tone.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
You could simply swap in a different muffler in place of the factory one if you wanted. If you do that, I would cut off the single turndown tip (limp noodle) for a cleaner, better look.

I would consider dual exhaust. You will really get a different sound from your stang. It will get a higher pitch above 3k, there's no way around that...there are many brands and ways to do this. But if you don't want to spend that much on duals, you could do the single muffler. Your stang will have a deeper, louder tone than stock.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Taking the stock muffler out is easy, you just cut it out from the stock piping.
I'd probably have a shop do the install. They can cut it out and weld the new one in on a lift. I'd only imagine the shop charging you an hour's labor to do the muffler swap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts