·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're probably right my friend, but the whole point here is that it bothers me when I need to pay for something that's stupidly pricey considering that its just a stupid simple plastic. But unfortunately I guess it's weather how bad you want it no? Well m gonna do a deeper research on this two piece kit, with actual photos and see how it looks like, if not too bad from the stock one piece, then I don't mind spending $75.00 for it. Thanx tho brotha!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
They make a one carbon fiber one mine shattered when I was trying to fix my wiper fluid squirters I personally hate carbon fiber because im not 16 and dont drive a little jap piece of crap but I'm getting it because I can paint it to match my car and I think it being painted the same as the car not only would it look badass and somthing no one eles has but it wouldn't fade like the plastic or get brittle and break

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just put one of those ebay 2 piece units in, I had to trim about a quarter inch off each side so the overlap would go together, but for the price, its decent. also, use your factory clips, the ones that come with it are junk.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i bet you could find one at a pull a part junk yard, read how to remove one and just go and take one off, probably would be super cheap compared to new.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good luck, those things turn so brittle with age, you would have to find one thats only a couple years old.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just put one of those ebay 2 piece units in, I had to trim about a quarter inch off each side so the overlap would go together, but for the price, its decent. also, use your factory clips, the ones that come with it are junk.
Hey friend can you post a couple pictures of your cowl? Of course if its not much to ask..

·
ME Bloodhound
14,701 Posts
They make a one carbon fiber one mine shattered when I was trying to fix my wiper fluid squirters I personally hate carbon fiber because im not 16 and dont drive a little jap piece of crap but I'm getting it because I can paint it to match my car and I think it being painted the same as the car not only would it look badass and somthing no one eles has but it wouldn't fade like the plastic or get brittle and break
You do know that almost every high performance car nowadays has carbon fiber on it? Not just imports.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

i bet you could find one at a pull a part junk yard, read how to remove one and just go and take one off, probably would be super cheap compared to new.
+1, junk yards are a great place to find parts like that.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yeah man over the years those things go bad. If you get on from the junkyard you'd have to be very careful because it will break easily especially after it's been sitting in that beating sun everyday.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You do know that almost every high performance car nowadays has carbon fiber on it? Not just imports.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

+1, junk yards are a great place to find parts like that.
Yes i do know buts theres a big difference between a carbon fiber chassis and carbon fiber wiper blades see what I'm saying I'm a steel guy I like stuff that's built to last

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've heard of a lot of ppl complaining about their cowls breaking but I've personally never seen one... My stang is an 04 and the cowl is still looking good yeah is a lil faded but I amourall it every once in a while and it looks like new

·
Registered
301 Posts
Its when you have to take it off (Windshield repair) that it snaps, its fine as long as you leave it alone.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Hey friend can you post a couple pictures of your cowl? Of course if its not much to ask..
I can do that, tomorrow when its light out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Took me forever but here is a pic. Like I said, I had to trim about a quarter inch off each side for it to fit, but for the money, I think it was worth it, also use your stock metal clips, they work better.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took me forever but here is a pic. Like I said, I had to trim about a quarter inch off each side for it to fit, but for the money, I think it was worth it, also use your stock metal clips, they work better.
Foxone you're the greatest my friend, clean shot, that's all I needed. I'm ordering the two piece tonight. Million thanx for your efforts and time. Looking forward to getting this thing soon!!! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts