Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of painting my CAI right now it's just the Black JLT but not sure what color to paint it. Has anyone done this?

image-536170281.jpg

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I don't see why you can't, just use a high temp engine paint so it doesn't flake when it gets hott. I used non high temp engine paint on some things in my engine compartment and it started to flake under heat.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
U mean something like this? Yea i used high temp gloss and clear just to make it stay lol

ForumRunner_20120928_125200.png

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Azure said:
Yup, my original JLT fender CAI that came with the car was painted to match the car. It did not have any signs of over heating, etc.
God such a beautiful car.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I'm thinking of painting my valve covers Ford engine blue and my CAI a dark silver or trying to find a color to match my paint.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Yea I'm thinking of painting my valve covers Ford engine blue and my CAI a dark silver or trying to find a color to match my paint.
Yup, I think that will look good.:good: I've seen a pic somewhere online of a 4.6L that had those blue valve covers and they looked good.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've been thing of painting mine black with some grabber blue stripes then putting a nice glossy finish. Then I would do the same to the strut tower brace.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
MarkyMark said:
Make sure you get the right kind of paint!

My friend painted his white and it started cracking real bad
+1 i agree make sure its the right type of paint

1 - 12 of 12 Posts