Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, i am new here.
I just purchase an 06 Mustang GT with 35k miles. Had no problems yesterday or this morning going to work.
But just niw the brake light went on, tranction control light is on, and low brake fluid message is on.
Im freaking out, I dont want a car with problems, I just sold a good little car for the one I wanted and thus happens on the second day of. Driving it.

Please help!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Have you checked your brake likes where they connect to the calipers? Not to point out the obvious but did u try putting fluid in and seeing if it solves the lights and see if it goes back down?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked your brake likes where they connect to the calipers? Not to point out the obvious but did u try putting fluid in and seeing if it solves the lights and see if it goes back down?
Hi, thanks for the quick response.
Fluid level is good, all the way up, so is not leaking.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Never add brake fluid unless its leaking,or you've lost fluid doing repairs!!....check your brake pads when they ware the fluid level drops...when you replace the brake pads you press the callipers and it pushes fluid back into the resovoir..
Not saying this is your problem,just saying check the obvious first...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Brake light on could be low fluid or the E-brake is on or a problem with abs system, Traction conrol light could be the abs system (sensor or the module), the low fluid light is just that. I have seen some wierd things happen (with other cars, not mustangs) when there is a problem with the ABS system, that might turn them all on?? Any other lights on? ABS, Check engine, etc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts