Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some on mine and fronts are great. I notice on the rear rotors that there are ridges (not cross hatches) in a circular fashion. They also seem to be trapping rust etc in the divots of those grooves. Has anyone experienced this? Is this normal?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
765 Posts
Post a picture up? What your experiencing is probably normal for new pads and rotors as they initially will be extra dusty as they are wearing into one another. There's a procedure some people use to do this faster but it's not necessary. I'm willing to bet your just having normal break in dust.

Dura last golds are more dusty than quality pads but golds have that lifetime warranty. It's a bit of a trade off. Do you want free pads for life with more dust. Or pay more and have less dust?

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.

·
Registered
765 Posts
There good for your truck or something you don't care about but not on our majestic mustangs

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

·
Registered
605 Posts
There good for your truck or something you don't care about but not on our majestic mustangs

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

So what is a go to that won't break the bank for a DD

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
765 Posts
I honestly don't know. I have not had to switch pads on my stang yet. On all my previous cars I always just got the most expensive ones autozone had and called it a day. Some were dusty some where not. I wash all my cars twice a week religiously so keeping up on the brake dust isn't an issue for me. Just whenever I ran across a dusty pair I changed them for a different brand the next time.

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Just by some oem ones from Rockauto.com. Duralast is garbage and expensive. It cost me 30 dollars shipped for all four corners.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Im surprised to hear all the negatives. Ive been using their gold pads for a couple of years now. Im using them with my Brembos and drilled and slotted rotors, so far so good. Minimal dust too.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The golds it really depends on the set. Some of them are great and some a garbage.

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've used the duralast and Napa brand pads front and rear they're all right the stock PP pads had more bite but more dust and noise. Unless you're dragging the car they should be fine for everyday and occasional spirited driving.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I currently have Hawk HPS pads on all four corners. Better bite than the Ford PP pads, no real dust that I can see, but they are noisier (they like to groan when you first move your car for the day after having had it parked).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts