Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i have searched the internet for a good rear seat delete template for a hatchback fox, and the only one i found that had an actual writeup looked terrible IMO.

SO, over the next week or two whenever I have time I am going to set to the task of building my own. It doesn't seem that hard, just takes a little patience and some time.

if it turns out well, I will post a write up on here along with some template measurements and as good of instructions as i can manage. :)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
have fun with it..RSD's are super easy to build and you can really get creative.

·
Forum Car Trader
1,150 Posts
Hell yeah never dis one myself but it doesn't look too hard.. My kids love my mustangs so full interiors are a must.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I want to do a rear seat delete so I can have some room for some subs since my trunk is so damn small hahaha

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea all the ones I found people just take a picture of their completed one. I'm like share with the rest of us! Lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
I like the stock look myself, so I doubt I'll ever do a seat delete. I like the little weight that it adds to the rearend too. I already have traction problems so I need every ounce possible back there.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mean a wood rear seat delete isn't going to save much weight anyway, maybe 10-20 lbs compared to the seats. But my seats no longer fit lol and at ugly back there at the moment

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
134 Posts
90GTNovi2000 said:
Do you have a cage rw?
No, and I don't plan to ever put one in it. All my traction problems come from the amount of horsepower I'm putting down with a completely stock suspension setup, taking it down the track on a street radial didn't help either. I plan on reworking all my suspension before I do this new motor build. I've had custom full length subframe connectors welded in, but that's about it this point.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Blown347 said:
I mean a wood rear seat delete isn't going to save much weight anyway, maybe 10-20 lbs compared to the seats. But my seats no longer fit lol and at ugly back there at the moment
I think it ends up bein 18 lbs shaved after installation of the seat delete. Doesn't sound like awhole lot but it's crucial to have as much weight back there as possible for me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rwsmith3623 said:
No, and I don't plan to ever put one in it. All my traction problems come from the amount of horsepower I'm putting down with a completely stock suspension setup, taking it down the track on a street radial didn't help either. I plan on reworking all my suspension before I do this new motor build. I've had custom full length subframe connectors welded in, but that's about it this point.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

I think it ends up bein 18 lbs shaved after installation of the seat delete. Doesn't sound like awhole lot but it's crucial to have as much weight back there as possible for me.
Oh for sure, that's the only reason my subs are still in the back. Eventually I'll put the battery back there as well

·
Forum Car Trader
1,150 Posts
If your running in the 10's or even low 11's a cage and a 5 point harness are a must at the track. Safety purposes!!

I had a chrome hooker bolt in roll cage in the 90' It looked sexy on the black interior!!

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea that's why I put mine in. Running 1.9 60s (huge traction issues) it was doing 11.6 at 124. Now the whole rear suspension is built and the numbers will definitely come. But the first run I got with the new suspension I blew my brand new clutch up lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
90GTNovi2000 said:
If your running in the 10's or even low 11's a cage and a 5 point harness are a must at the track. Safety purposes!!

I had a chrome hooker bolt in roll cage in the 90' It looked sexy on the black interior!!
Yea around here any car running 10.00 to 11.49 require at least a 5pt roll bar. I've managed to get away with it a few times, but I've also been booted for not having one. We have 2 local tracks that pretty much let you get away with anything under the sun as long as you talk to them ahead of time. My car will never be a track car, I just like knowing what it can run. Over the last 4 years ive had it down the track a total of 6 times, so there's no need for me to put a cage in. I love that factory interior look, and a cage just takes all the attention away from that in my opinion.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so this morning i made most of a template out of cardboard. and it isn't that difficult, its just tedious and not fun at all lol. so i MAY get one made from a local stereo shop. if i can get a good price that is, because i will be about 130 in the hole to build one, since i have to buy a jigsaw. if these guys can give me a comparable price then thats what i will do.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got back from the shop, and they said they'd do it for 180. I'm considering it, that's a pretty fair price

·
Registered
134 Posts
Blown347 said:
Just got back from the shop, and they said they'd do it for 180. I'm considering it, that's a pretty fair price
Seems pretty steep for some particle board and carpet. I'd do it myself man. Borrow or rent the saw for a day and knock it out. Feels a lot better being able to tell people you built it when asked too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wanted to build my own, but to be honest I'm not the best carpenter, and I'm pretty afraid that mine won't look so hot.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts