Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on here a few months ago with my project, and have some updates and questions. Everything mechanical in the car is running perfectly. New radiator, smog pump, power steering pump and fuel pump. Next on the agenda is replacing all the hoses and light bulbs, as well as modifying the air intake system. Colors and layout have been decided and priced, and I plan to chrome the wheels. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about increasing HP and/or MPG on the '78 V6. I am highly considering dropping a new engine and transmission in as well. I appreciate any and all insight and suggestions.

·
Registered
835 Posts
you could drop in a 4.2L and use the heads and intake off the older carb'd 3.8 that they used in the fox bodies.
then later get a 4bbl intake manifold.
I've always wanted to convert my v6 to carburetor but i think i'm going to have to wait until I eventually get a foxbody...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You should convert to EFI, just swap over the complete wire harness, motor, and trans from a new edge sixer, lot more power

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was one of my ideas. The new gt and v6 engines aren't to much, and I am a certified engine and electrical mechanic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts