Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No you cant shift faster than your computer so leave it in Drive. Hold the brake and rev your car to just before your tires start spinning.. dont let them spin though. When the green lights come on lift off brake and hold on.

Ways to make your Auto beefier:

Get a transmission cooler. B&M sells one that works very well. Got it on my car

Get a shift kit. Works wonders

Get 4.10 gears and a traction lok

Get a P.I. Torque Convertor 2800-3000

and then you will need a chip for the gears so you can raise your speed limiter and firm up your shift points even more

With all that done you will have a very nice Automatic Mustang

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
sure does feel nice when you are stuck in traffic :cool:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hahaha, I love power braking without spinning, the rear end sits up and then squats when you hit it..so awesome. But thanks Brent, I'm sick of saying and I"m sure other people are too lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I believe transgo has a decent shift kit, not completely sure on that however, haven't really looked into them.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
tccoa?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Nvm, got ya

·
Registered
567 Posts
get 4.10s...its a must for autos.

My car is pretty fun as is, but I need 4.10s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
410s are great unless you add in a power adder like a SC - then you top out :cry:

Also, be careful of shift kits for 2002+ models, the trannies were re-worked and most makers of shift kits are not yet supporting a setup for these tranny changes.

The retailers will sell you one that states 99+ but be WARNED that they may not work properly with your tranny if you have a 02+ Mustang (at least on the GTs).

I would recommend calling the manufacturer first - I did and saved my tranny, a friend did not and replaced his :cry:

·
Registered
14 Posts
wow!
this is a great reference

i already have everything listed but I have 3.73's instead b/c i do a lot of highway driving(90%) and want to be able to setup well with a poweradder later on

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brent said:
. When the green lights come on lift off brake and hold on.
If you see green, you're too late. I agree with everything except, release the brake and hit the gas when you see the last yellow. The amount of time it takes for the car to move will give You a good reaction time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
dead-on said:
If you see green, you're too late. I agree with everything except, release the brake and hit the gas when you see the last yellow. The amount of time it takes for the car to move will give You a good reaction time.
true, oh so true...after going to the tracks more often i can see the difference with lights and such

·
Registered
181 Posts
My 2002 GT sees mostly freeway duty. I put 3.90:1 gears in it along with a Stallion torque converter. I bought an Xcalibrator II from Brenspeed and they raised the shift points and the firmness of the shift...without a shift kit. It feels really great when nailed off idle.

Most of my drag strip time goes to the 1992 GT so I'm not sure whether this is typical of other 2002 GT's with an automatic . I didn't brake and rev it. Just matted it on the last yellow. The plugs were over a year old, full tank of gas, and all my junk in the trunk it went 8.904 @ 77.49 in the eighth.

So, how does that compare? O.K. or pitiful? The car also has UDP's and CAI.

I'll attach the time sheet.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
def good ideas. too many ppl come in and ask wat they can do to an auto. on a side note, i put a cai, t-lok, 4.10's and a tune in my v6 auto. those couple things made my baby into a totally different car. those are the 4 first things that should be done to a v6 auto as soon as its bought and money is there. def would have like to have seen what the shift kit and cooler would have done. but just so happened that i traded her in for my new GT...:woo:

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Yeah, this is some interesting info now that I have an auto in the carport. Need to look into the shift kit concept a little more...and the tranny cooler...

I think my plans are 3.73, trans cooler, shift kit, tuned shift points...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts