Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you all heard of the new mustang 5.0??
Ive heard a little bit about it and wondering what you guys think??
i personally think theyll have them as a 50th anniversary.
i dont think theyll do an upgrade like that rite now if they were going to do a 5.0 again i think they would have done it with the new 2010's instead of 2011.
im guessing theyll probably wiat a couple more years for the 50th anniversary.
what baout you guys????
if they do make a 5.0 im so getting it i cant wait, expecially if they make it for the 50th anniversary.
thats the next time im buying a brand new mustang.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I doubt they'd debut it for the 50th anniversary because that means they have to wait until 2014. People want to update the current 4.6L V8 NOW and with the Camaro boasting more horsepower in their V6, it could cost Ford some sales if they don't hurry up with a new engine. I'd imagine that if it's being worked on, we might see it at the end of next year or so, but it wouldn't be wise marketing to wait 5 more years just to match up with the 50th.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yes i have heard quite a lot about it! i think they will do it in a few years or next year maybe! they are going to do a 3.7 V6 with 273 hp and a 5.9 V8 with 400 hp and 400 lbs torque! Camaro wont even be able to keep up anymore!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's just a bored out 4.6. You can buy this engine from Ford Racing as a crate motor.
Actually, either Roush or Saleen has a Parnelli Jones edition that has this motor in it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
all car production is about 5 year spread/have to be for mfg reasons/but the 2014 are in hand production and i saw it/get back/looks like a lam/get ready

1 - 7 of 7 Posts