Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have a 2003 mustang gt. this morning I went out and noticed my mileage lights were still on along with the air bag light. So I blamed it on the cold weather. I got to work and turned the car off and those lights never turned off. The mileage lights have no numbers displayed but are dots, and the air bag light is dim but not off...I have no idea what's wrong? Should I try disconnecting the battery for an hour and see what happens? I need help please.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only have 1 key. And I disconnected it, that didnt work. But I haven't checked fuses yet

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car wouldn't start, had to get it jumped..then it died when I parked..gonna get the alternator tested tomorrow..hoping that's it. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The PATS light? If that's the case you need to reprogram your keys.. you need two keys to do that

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Our security light should I say?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Theft light flashes really fast when I try to start it
i would call a locksmith. like the other guys said its prob not ur battery or alternator. I know Fords(dont know about anyone else) theft system stuff is really sensitive. somebody may have tried to break in your car last night, or possibly got in and tried to start it and your theft system is keeping it from run ing today. i have seen that happen before

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes but the key would make it so it would not turn over at all. It will run. But not for long

·
Registered
85 Posts
Reprogram the keys! Problem solved. I have seen that happen numerous times. I work at a ford dealership and that has happend a lot. If.someone tried a different key in yhe ignition that will happen and you will have a security code in your car that will have to be erased and 2 keys programmed.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Reprogram the keys! Problem solved. I have seen that happen numerous times. I work at a ford dealership and that has happend a lot. If.someone tried a different key in yhe ignition that will happen and you will have a security code in your car that will have to be erased and 2 keys programmed.
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts