Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to locate the speedo gear currently installed so I can get the appropriate replacement when changing gears. Haynes has nothing. All I know is it runs from the transmission. Realize its a stupid question but my first time doing it. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Will this help? Mustang Speedometer Gear Application Guide - LRS forget that!, i found what you're looking for at Americanmuscle.com be right back with link. No, l was wrong, they sell them and even have pictures of it, they also have one photo that a customer took of the speedometer gear l assume it is right before he puts it inplace. I'm not sure if you'd want that. Sorry to have jumped the gun, so to speak :-(

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a nice chart for the gears that are currently installed and will be helpful. I need to locate the current speedo to identify how's by teeth it has so I can replace it with the appropriate one after swapping gears.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That's a nice chart for the gears that are currently installed and will be helpful. I need to locate the current speedo to identify how's by teeth it has so I can replace it with the appropriate one after swapping gears.
What year is your car? 99-04 you have yo do it by the computer. If you have a tuner its the easiest way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts