Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
People like to wet sand them but I use any rubbing compound and hit it with a gun with a ball on it

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have nothing lol just moved back Texas.

So I only need sand paper and rubbing compound? Should i get 3 levels of grit? Like 500, 1,200, and 2,000? And just sand an wet sand? Then compound?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I don't wet sand but some people do maybe someone will chime in. I used turtle rubbing compound

·
Registered
648 Posts
I always use a buffer and rubbing.compound works great for me, and as far as those restoration kits go, most are junk, my friend bought 2 different ones and neither worked, I spend 10 minutes on them and they looked brand new

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
depends...if it's just yellowed and hazy then rubbing compound and a buffer. if it's microcracked then wet sanding first is a great idea. i've tried 5 headlight kits since i work at an autoparts store, and so far the best is the sylvania kit...comes with 3 grits, polishing compound, and a clear sealant. lasted my headlights a year before they microcracked beyond belief lol. gritty toothpaste is good...the cheaper the toothpaste the better btw..because cheap usually means gritty. turtle wax compound is good if you just wanna go that route

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did mine yesterday with my porter cable, foam pad and Megs Plast-X. Looks great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts