Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my share of the income tax money I was going to buy bigger injectors, fuel pump, TB, MAF, etc. Then I read that these were supporting mods and I wouldn't get much out of them. With the Trick Flow street heat top end kit, how will my car run with stock injectors, TB, and MAF until I can scrape up the funds to change them out?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. It just didn't make sense to me to put on the supporting mods if there wasn't anything for them to support...lol Thanks man!

·
Forum Car Trader
1,150 Posts
You got it.. You will gain alot though with your current setup and the trickflow heads. They flow great and are much lighter. Look into a arp head stud kit if you ever plan on forced induction!! Only around $80 and the old bolts are prob trash. JS..

·
Registered
134 Posts
90GTNovi2000 said:
It will run fine.. Bit yeah you will need the supporting mods to get maximum potential.
+1
But I would also change injectors while you've got it tore down. You're going to have to do it anyways, so if you drop 2500 dollars on the set up why not spend the extra 200 or so dollars on the injectors?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will the bigger injectors jive ok with my stick MAF until I can get a bigger one calibrated for the injector size?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

*stock MAF

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
91notchback said:
Will the bigger injectors jive ok with my stick MAF until I can get a bigger one calibrated for the injector size?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

*stock MAF
You the need to match your MAF with the right size Injectors or won't run right!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I just did a motor swap and HCI and I was using 24lb injectors , I ended up changing to 30lb injectors because the 24s were maxing out at 5000rpms.

Check this chart out for the correct injector sizes with the Base horsepower you will be making!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts