Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 mustang V6 stang and i just installed a light bar.

how do you remove the head rest?

how do you re-locate the seat belt holder so that it doesnt hit the light bar?

thanks,
james

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,153 Posts
cagedthought said:
I own a 2001 mustang V6 stang and i just installed a light bar.

how do you remove the head rest?

how do you re-locate the seat belt holder so that it doesnt hit the light bar?

thanks,
james
How far back do you lean your seat? I have never heard of issues with the head rest hitting the light bar. As for the holder, I assume you are refering to the goofy loop that the belt goes through. Just take it off it is in the way. It really serves no purpose other than annoyance at times.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry i was reffering to the goofy loop hitting the light bar. in order to remove the goofy loop that the belt goes through you have to remove the head rest. do you know how to remove the head rest?

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Just pull head rests all the way up and there are two screws that hold the goofy thing in. Use a Z-shaped screw driver on this or get a socket driver. They are some sort of a torx head I believe but I just used a phillips head z-shaped screw driver and worked mine off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
this was on the classic design concepts website
http://www.classic-designconcepts.com/tech_center/mustang_lightbar_install.html

NOTE: 1999 & UP Mustang Bulletin

Due to the larger size of the seat belt shoulder loop on the 1999 Mustang, modifications to this loop is necessary or the purchase of new loop is recommended Seat Belt retainer bracket PART # (Left) - F4ZZ 76610C07 A (Right)f4ZZ 76610CO6 A

Modifications Instructions

Lift headrest and headrest support bars trim all the way up.

Insert wood stick (or slim jim) down the front side of the headrest bar. Push stick down as far as possible . When the stick is beneath the headrest trim piece, and push headrest all of the way down.
WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY THIS?

Remove headrest

Bend seat belt shoulder strap loop down so that the leg that attaches under headrest is flat

Remove seatbelt loop and torx bit.

With template shown below, center punch for new holes and mark for cut off.

Drill 1/8" Pilot holes

Drill 13/32" hole in plastic only (on topside only)

Drill 19/64" hole through remaining material

Cut off end on new cut off line mark

Clean off any burs and re-install

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anybody out there know how to take off the head rest?

A mustang forum and nobody knows how to take off a head rest off a 2001 stang? :lol:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Insert wood stick (or slim jim) down the front side of the headrest bar. Push stick down as far as possible . When the stick is beneath the headrest trim piece, and push headrest all of the way down.
WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY THIS?
Apparently it has a lock that holds it down inside of the seat. A slim jim is a thin piece of metal that you can unlock a car with (back in the day.).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Use a hacksaw blade, just be carefull. it's a pain in the *ss, but it can be done.

After all of the effort it took to get the headrest off :angryfire I'll not be putting those silly loops back on.

Much better without them anyhow.

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Yeh, mine are in my apt. I still don't see your point in taking your head rest off...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Given the tools I had at the time to do it, it was the only way I really had to do it. I have better tools now, so it's not a big issue. It wasn't that hard to get the heardrest off though, and once that was off, it was a couple seconds more till the stupid seatbelt things were gone.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
he needs it off so he can drive gangsta and thats just about laying down :lol:

but seriously, just cut the damn loop off or the headrest as well with a sawzall :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
what i did to get my headrest off is i took an allen wrench and modded it to work for the headrest screws. i just cut a piece off of it to make it shorter and then i cut some groves in it to make it fit into the torx head. i used a chainsaw chain grinder but u can use a round file to make the groves in it. it worked really well. I have too much time on my hands so i took pictures of my modded allen wrench. hahaha

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Ha..if you wanna ride gansta you have to cut a rivet out of the seat spring system to make it lean all the way back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts