Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i pop my hood for the first time and i looked at my headers and the one on my driver side has a heat shield but the one on the passenger does and there both rusted
i dont know what to do help

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Its part of cast metal, they're gonna do that

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I don't know it just doesn't look right and why would one side only have a shield ?
Road vibrations knocked one off probably. Last oil change I checked mine. They were rusted, so is my driveshaft and one shield only has 2 nuts left.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what do i do i just got the car? do i go back to where i got my car and telll them that one of the heat shield fell off?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
so what do i do i just got the car? do i go back to where i got my car and telll them that one of the heat shield fell off?
Yeah I would. You have a warranty so any little problem you have take it back and complain. I haven't had any major problems with mine. Therefore I haven't took it back. I just went to Home Depot and bough nuts for the missing screws and I tightened them all down

·
Registered
263 Posts
okay i pop my hood for the first time and i looked at my headers and the one on my driver side has a heat shield but the one on the passenger does and there both rusted
i dont know what to do help
Yep I'd go back the Dealer, they may warranty that, thanks for posting ill keep an eye on mine now. & I hope they fix you up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts