Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a 07 dat im about to put some on but i just wanted to ask some questions i heard if u get pulled over ur ****ed! An i have even called american muscle an multiple places legal headers do not exist for my 07

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to a exhaust shop and they told me i had to have a carb sticker on there an if i didnt they wouldnt b able to put them on so i called mutilpe shops and american muscle bbk steeda and no one has any with a carb sticker even the guy on the one spoke to his manager an they where both like wow really dats weird

·
Registered
472 Posts
galindojr24 said:
I got a 07 dat im about to put some on but i just wanted to ask some questions i heard if u get pulled over ur ****ed! An i have even called american muscle an multiple places legal headers do not exist for my 07
I doubt you'll find legal ones. I can't even find some on my 2010. I doubt you'll get pulled over unless ur really stomping on it. What part of Cali do you live?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man i drive a mustang Lol of course ur gona drive fast i think thats why my gas milage sucks but i love the car i try to drive Smart because i have a intake and throttle body on it as is but im just think worst case senario because i heard the fines are huge

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Ooo i live in san jose

·
Registered
472 Posts
galindojr24 said:
Man i drive a mustang Lol of course ur gona drive fast i think thats why my gas milage sucks but i love the car i try to drive Smart because i have a intake and throttle body on it as is but im just think worst case senario because i heard the fines are huge

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Ooo i live in san jose
Haven't heard of anyone that got a fine so I Wudnt know Lol. What does having an intake/throttle body have to do with driving smart?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cuz all of that is illegal to so u gota drive smart to not get caught but the headers are different because a cop is not retarted they can tell what after market exhausts sound like and some of the places around will stop you for the dumbest stuff and check under your hood happened to me once before i had any mods

·
Registered
472 Posts
galindojr24 said:
Cuz all of that is illegal to so u gota drive smart to not get caught but the headers are different because a cop is not retarted they can tell what after market exhausts sound like and some of the places around will stop you for the dumbest stuff and check under your hood happened to me once before i had any mods
Really? They actually looked under your hood. I never had that happen & I drive like a maniac. I stomp my car when I'm next to cops haha. They never do anything to me

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea man they can pop ur hood if they catch u speeding or for ur exhaust beeing to loud so b careful because they think u have illegal mods

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was thinking of putting some on my 2010 also but I don't know how to get it past emissions without changing them out every time haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
just put on loud mufflers since headers wont really do all that much for you anyway, not like its gonna make that much more power

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
galindojr24 said:
Non of that's illegal in cali

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They have legal intakes which have super small filters which i guess will pass smog and throttle body if you read the box says not for use in emission restrictive states and for headers der are some with carb stickers but they are really super expensive and wont do much as performance gain yea i guess u could pass smog if you took it off everytime but dats to much work would rather pay 250 an have them run it illegal with like a hoda civic

·
Registered
54 Posts
06rick said:
just put on loud mufflers since headers wont really do all that much for you anyway, not like its gonna make that much more power
I already have slp loudmouths and still want it louder lol

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have an intake and I pass smog fine

·
Registered
472 Posts
galindojr24 said:
They have legal intakes which have super small filters which i guess will pass smog and throttle body if you read the box says not for use in emission restrictive states and for headers der are some with carb stickers but they are really super expensive and wont do much as performance gain yea i guess u could pass smog if you took it off everytime but dats to much work would rather pay 250 an have them run it illegal with like a hoda civic
I would pay more to make my car pass smog illegally. You only do it so often.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know for earlier models of gts intakes have stickers when i was looking at intakes it said alot of them where pending iuno?

·
Registered
472 Posts
galindojr24 said:
I know for earlier models of gts intakes have stickers when i was looking at intakes it said alot of them where pending iuno?
If a vehicle requires a tune for a part I doubt it's legal

1 - 20 of 33 Posts