Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
M3to5.0 said:
Who has done it??? How hard was it? Looking at the SLP system, headers HF cats and shorty x pipe.
SLP Ceramic Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-pipe (11-12 GT) - SLP M30007
Will be going that route in week and half! From what I under stand it's difficult to self install. I got a mechanic buddy to do mine for 400$ that's dirt cheap compared to most shops want 700 to 1200$ just for labor. So shop around for install prices! I went with stainless works:)

image-2942459237.png

image-2174828083.png

It's the o/r xpipe / header package.

·
Registered
702 Posts
M3to5.0 said:
Germany SUCKS for this type of work. Good for me I have a mechanic friend that will do it with me for a bottle of Crown;)
Hell now that's Savin money!! Wish my buddy would do it for that!

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Napoleon85 said:
I'd love it if you guys could get some before and after dyno numbers. I'm waffling back and forth between LT Headers or just an x-pipe.
Being u have the boss mani and larger cai u would stand to gain more if u go LT's and xpipe, And a lil more if u go o/r x pipe. Will try to find a dyno to post current numbers. And will definitely post after the header install.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Hell now that's Savin money!! Wish my buddy would do it for that!

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Being u have the boss mani and larger cai u would stand to gain more if u go LT's and xpipe, And a lil more if u go o/r x pipe. Will try to find a dyno to post current numbers. And will definitely post after the header install.
I will be going with an O/R x-pipe, the question is whether is will have stock headers in front of it or not :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
M3to5.0 said:
With the set up I want, I would only need and axle back exhaust..... right?
Yep that would make u full exhaust system. It dosent pay to change the kick overs as they are only 1/4" smaller at 2 3/4" and that is were ur resonators are. What axleback are u thinking of going with?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yep that would make u full exhaust system. It dosent pay to change the kick overs as they are only 1/4" smaller at 2 3/4" and that is were ur resonators are. What axleback are u thinking of going with?

Borla ATAK for expensive.... or Flowmaster Hushpower/American Thunder if I want to go cheap. Either way I am going to jail....lol Germans are real big on their peace and quiet. Headers back full exhaust with HF cats..... yeah... better believe the neighbors are going to know when I leave for work..hahaha:headbang:

I do remember though reading somewhere that the X pipes were not as good as the H pipes on the 5.0... significantly so... like 12-15 hp difference. ouch!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
M3to5.0 said:
Borla ATAK for expensive.... or Flowmaster Hushpower/American Thunder if I want to go cheap. Either way I am going to jail....lol Germans are real big on their peace and quiet. Headers back full exhaust with HF cats..... yeah... better believe the neighbors are going to know when I leave for work..hahaha:headbang:

I do remember though reading somewhere that the X pipes were not as good as the H pipes on the 5.0... significantly so... like 12-15 hp difference. ouch!!!
I e heard just the opposite that the x pipes are more efficient with exhaust flow with no back pressure or restrictions like the h pipe. Will have to read up on this more

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a video I had seen about Heartthrob Exhaust where they made an x pipe for their set up that was not as efficient as the H. You guys are the "boots on the ground" so I would have to believe you guys.

·
Registered
903 Posts
No way H pipe is better than X!!

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
although the part pf the exhaust that the cat back replaces is only 1/4. It deletes the resonators. Which take up some sound. It also wil work better in the long run. ALl the exhaust places increasing that 1/4 couldn't be wrong. It has to make a little more power. Also if you look at it. It has some weird flat spots on it that can't be good for power.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

I'd love it if you guys could get some before and after dyno numbers. I'm waffling back and forth between LT Headers or just an x-pipe.
with tune/cold air i made 414whp, with off road x pipe cold air tune i made 424whp, with headers and off road x pipe i made 438whp. With the Boss it jumped up to 452whp(redline was only 7500 then). This was all on t he same tune as well. With a dyno tune it jumped up to 464whp and now red lined at 7800 where it is still making power.

·
Registered
702 Posts
back n a stang said:
No way H pipe is better than X!!
It's not. Everybody would have h pipes if that was the case. Evo, lethal, jpc , AM, and many other performance shops that mod mustangs all run x pipes and there is good reason. X pipes are more efficient at expelling exhaust than h pipes. There for gains are better with xpipe.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
It's not. Everybody would have h pipes if that was the case. Evo, lethal, jpc , AM, and many other performance shops that mod mustangs all run x pipes and there is good reason. X pipes are more efficient at expelling exhaust than h pipes. There for gains are better with xpipe.
The truth will set them free.

As far as header. If you don't plan on a SC down the road. It might not be worth the money. Headers with off road X pipe only pick up about 10whp. Not enough you will really miss it. As the most gains to be actually coming from deleting the cats.

·
Registered
702 Posts
wnt2gofst said:

As far as header. If you don't plan on a SC down the road. It might not be worth the money. Headers with off road X pipe only pick up about 10whp. Not enough you will really miss it. As the most gains to be actually coming from deleting the cats.
I'm still going long tubes and o/r xpipe just to maximize the exhaust flow and I will be set up if I ever go forced induction:)

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
I'm still going long tubes and o/r xpipe just to maximize the exhaust flow and I will be set up if I ever go forced induction:)
I have LT's as well. I wanted that extra 10whp. But some people don't care for that last 10whp for 600-1000 dollar headers.

And ya I am going forced induction. Be here wednesday.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

My thoughts exactly ... especially when you can get a BBR O/R X-pipe for $289 and the cheapest headers (JBA) are $899 with their shorty O/R X. ~$600 for 10 hp? I'll pass lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts