Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I just had a quick headers question I installed a set of bbk long tube headers and a hi flow catted x pipe a few months back and got it tuned from bama when I drive and come to a complete stop my idle drops like its gonna stall then it stabilizes itself when I called bama thinking it was the tune a couple months back they said that's how it is with the long tube headers I was just wondering if anybody has had the same problem and if they have did you guys get it fixed

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I just had a quick headers question I installed a set of bbk long tube headers and a hi flow catted x pipe a few months back and got it tuned from bama when I drive and come to a complete stop my idle drops like its gonna stall then it stabilizes itself when I called bama thinking it was the tune a couple months back they said that's how it is with the long tube headers I was just wondering if anybody has had the same problem and if they have did you guys get it fixed
Mass air flow could be or tps but doubt it could be the tune they set never had that before

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I kept getting mad at them saying they never stated this was a problem and they offered me money but i told them i want it fixed and i got a call from mike at bamma and he had me do 2 data logs and he fixed the issue after 2 tries. So it CAN BE FIXED just nag them about it!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I kept getting mad at them saying they never stated this was a problem and they offered me money but i told them i want it fixed and i got a call from mike at bamma and he had me do 2 data logs and he fixed the issue after 2 tries. So it CAN BE FIXED just nag them about it!
I can't believe one would have to nag AM on anything. AM prides themselves as providing top notch customer service. :)

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I can't believe one would have to nag AM on anything. AM prides themselves as providing top notch customer service. :)
Well it was getting annoying they kept sending me the same tune saying it was fix when it really was the same then i told them it was BS and Mike tried and i saw improvements and then the second try it was fixed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I will call them again and see what they say and maybe nag then a little about how do u do the data logs

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Ortiz0212,

I'm sorry you're experiencing a small surge, usually the PCM is able to adjust after a decent amount of driving. It's easy to get a slight surge with LT headers on the v6 Mustangs, but we have been able to straighten that out in the past.

I would love to get you in direct contact with our lead tuner Mike Wilson. If anyone is able to to fix your surging issue, it's him! Send me a PM with your order number and I'll get all the info over to him that he needs. Then he'll give you a call with some tune adjustments or possibly request a datalog. Either way, I'm confident he'll have everything resolved in no time!

Shane

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ortiz0212,

I'm sorry you're experiencing a small surge, usually the PCM is able to adjust after a decent amount of driving. It's easy to get a slight surge with LT headers on the v6 Mustangs, but we have been able to straighten that out in the past.

I would love to get you in direct contact with our lead tuner Mike Wilson. If anyone is able to to fix your surging issue, it's him! Send me a PM with your order number and I'll get all the info over to him that he needs. Then he'll give you a call with some tune adjustments or possibly request a datalog. Either way, I'm confident he'll have everything resolved in no time!

Shane
Thanks for your help just sent you a pm

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Ortiz0212,

Found your info! Mike will be in contact with you by the end of the day tomorrow. Let me know if you don't hear from him or if there's anything else I can help with!

Shane
Shane i got a hybrid tune from u guys at its having the same issue you guys fixed it on my Performance and Street tune but not yet for my hybrid can u ask mike if he can fix my hybrid?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Are we sure this cant be solved by letting you car learn its idle? If your loading a new tune you need to let your car idle for at least 5 min with the air off and 5 with it on. That will let you car properly learn it's idle with the headers. Maybe you have tried this but if your not letting your car learn idle then your going to have issues

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are we sure this cant be solved by letting you car learn its idle? If your loading a new tune you need to let your car idle for at least 5 min with the air off and 5 with it on. That will let you car properly learn it's idle with the headers. Maybe you have tried this but if your not letting your car learn idle then your going to have issues
I have tried this already thinking it was the same problem but I still had a surging idle its been like this for almost half a year but thanks to bama and american muscle they are working with me to fix the surging idle

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Ortiz0212,

You should have some adjusted tunes in your email inbox right now! Post back and let me know how they worked out for you when you get a chance.

Shane

Shane i got a hybrid tune from u guys at its having the same issue you guys fixed it on my Performance and Street tune but not yet for my hybrid can u ask mike if he can fix my hybrid?
Yes of course! Just me your order number and I'll get your info over to Mike right away. Your tune should be especially easy since the Street and Performance tune run perfectly smooth already.

I'll look forward to your PM!

Shane

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Charlie_santos,

Mike has all of your info now and he's going to diagnose your Hybrid tune first thing Monday morning. You can expect a call from him with an adjusted Hybrid tune by Monday afternoon.

Give me a shout if there's anything further I can do to assist either of you!

Shane

·
Registered
730 Posts
Charlie_santos,

Mike has all of your info now and he's going to diagnose your Hybrid tune first thing Monday morning. You can expect a call from him with an adjusted Hybrid tune by Monday Give me a shout if there's anything further I can do to assist either of you!

Shane
Man that's excellent customer service!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ortiz0212,

You should have some adjusted tunes in your email inbox right now! Post back and let me know how they worked out for you when you get a chance.

Shane

Yes of course! Just me your order number and I'll get your info over to Mike right away. Your tune should be especially easy since the Street and Performance tune run perfectly smooth already.

I'll look forward to your PM!

Shane
I installed the new tunes yesterday and as of today the idle still surges like before but idk if that's because it still needs to relearn the idle ill give it till Monday and see how it goes if not ill shoot you a pm and let you know if its still surging thanks again

1 - 20 of 46 Posts