Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that to put on long tubes you need an aftermarket midpipe. but on AM all I see if o/r stuff. I need catted. anyone know where I can go to get one and do y'all think spending up to $1000 is worth the power gains it gives or no?

·
Registered
803 Posts
you can install yourself...... still, i would ask myself the same thing..... maybe wait to do it? Get the gears you want first then anything else you want and maybe do the headers last or be patient and try to find some used

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can install yourself...... still, i would ask myself the same thing..... maybe wait to do it? Get the gears you want first then anything else you want and maybe do the headers last or be patient and try to find some used
yeah bro. I was thinkin of maybe using that money for exterior mods. I jus want my car 0-60 wise under 5 sec

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I know that to put on long tubes you need an aftermarket midpipe. but on AM all I see if o/r stuff. I need catted. anyone know where I can go to get one and do y'all think spending up to $1000 is worth the power gains it gives or no?
Simple bro just buy the headers and have a legit exhaust shop fabricate a Catted H-Pipe not Xpipe cuz its a better deeper sound. And there you go bro. You can get magnaflow high flow cats for $36 each. So $72 for the catts and 200 for the H-Pipe. You get a custom H-Pipe with catts for half the one on AM.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Simple bro just buy the headers and have a legit exhaust shop fabricate a Catted H-Pipe not Xpipe cuz its a better deeper sound. And there you go bro. You can get magnaflow high flow cats for $36 each. So $72 for the catts and 200 for the H-Pipe. You get a custom H-Pipe with catts for half the one on AM.
so all I have to do is have a shop customize one for me? normal catted pipes are $400+

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I think I might do that. do any of y'all have headers x pipe or h pipe set up? I hear YouTube videos but I also heard they don't do a good job in their actual sound
I have headers and xpipe. I would say the youtube videos ive recorded are pretty close to real life. But in real life its much better obviously. If ur ever in el paso tx lemme know u can take a gander at my car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts