Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is gonna make a big difference if I go with shorty headers with the stock mid pipe? Or should I just go with long tubes and an xpipe? If so any suggestions in brand? Gonna go with a catted x because it us too hard to pass inspection round here. Oh yeah its for a 2012 5.0

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
2011 and 2012 all same.

Now you will see some slight gains with the shorty's. Even with the catted x pipe. But biggest gains with keeping a catted x pipe will be from LT's. I suggest BBK cause of price. All the LT's have shown the same gains HP/TQ wise. All with in a few HP of each other.

·
Registered
702 Posts
bigsmitty24 said:
Is gonna make a big difference if I go with shorty headers with the stock mid pipe? Or should I just go with long tubes and an xpipe? If so any suggestions in brand? Gonna go with a catted x because it us too hard to pass inspection round here. Oh yeah its for a 2012 5.0
Stainless works!!

image-3639902443.png

image-558027131.png

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
You pretty much have shortys from the factory with the work that they put in on them. Go with LTs for more gains but there have been people running a O.R. X and seeing the same gains as LTs for less $'s.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
You pretty much have shortys from the factory with the work that they put in on them. Go with LTs for more gains but there have been people running a O.R. X and seeing the same gains as LTs for less $'s.
Yes and no. LT's with O.R. X will make more power then just an O.R. X pipe. BBK shorty's with X pipe has made just as much as LT's with O.R. X pipe. The power is just in different rpm ranges. I know I have a buddy that runs shorties compared to my LT's. His car has also been compared to LT O.R. X pipe cars that had Kooks/ARH/SSW systems. He made same power as them as well on the same dyno same day.

Where the LT's is going to shine is FI or when you go cam and heads really. They will move more air in the long run. The BBK shorty headers did make more WHP over the stock ones as well. Also Some thing to think about is if you go with the Shorty headers you still can put a turbo system on with out changing headers again. LT's you can not do that.

If you are just building a street machine I would go with shorty headers as the power band isn't as high. If building for track go with the LT's. If you have any plans of a Supercharger go with the LT's.

Understand?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yes and no. LT's with O.R. X will make more power then just an O.R. X pipe. BBK shorty's with X pipe has made just as much as LT's with O.R. X pipe. The power is just in different rpm ranges. I know I have a buddy that runs shorties compared to my LT's. His car has also been compared to LT O.R. X pipe cars that had Kooks/ARH/SSW systems. He made same power as them as well on the same dyno same day.

Where the LT's is going to shine is FI or when you go cam and heads really. They will move more air in the long run. The BBK shorty headers did make more WHP over the stock ones as well. Also Some thing to think about is if you go with the Shorty headers you still can put a turbo system on with out changing headers again. LT's you can not do that.

If you are just building a street machine I would go with shorty headers as the power band isn't as high. If building for track go with the LT's. If you have any plans of a Supercharger go with the LT's.

Understand?
Yep it does. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys I'm new to this forum. I am also considering getting headers as well I plan on getting 1 3/4 longitudes but I cannot decide which brand I want to go with I was almost thinking of going with the kooks but they are so expensive but then again can the bbk's really give you the same results as the kooks ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
What kind of gains would each make, hp/tq wise? I haven't ever really considered changing them out until now, lol.

·
Registered
702 Posts
5.ohhhhh said:
Hi guys I'm new to this forum. I am also considering getting headers as well I plan on getting 1 3/4 longitudes but I cannot decide which brand I want to go with I was almost thinking of going with the kooks but they are so expensive but then again can the bbk's really give you the same results as the kooks ?
Yeah they all make with in a few HP of eachother.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

Understand?
Thanks, for that Info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts