Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From American muscle or possibly jegs what shorty headers would u guys recommend I don't want anything crazy expensive just not junk

·
Registered
711 Posts
Pacesetters are really good for the price you pay but really anything will give you about the same level of performance and sound if they are all the same size pipe

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the price range on pacesetter?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just checked out jegs and summit can't find any shortys by pacesetter maybe bc I think my engine is a 99 is there a difference in the header fitment from the 99-early 01 and the late 01-04 engines

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's what I'd suggest. Go with a set of mid for less work or go all out and get the longs for the most performance. They do require alot more work to get it all in but worth it in the sound alone

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my car has a v6 bumper and turn downs don't think I can fit long tubes

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
t0t4lbl4ck0ut said:
Oh I didn't know we were talking about a v6
We r not it's a Gt car but previous owner put a v6 bumper on it

·
Registered
711 Posts
Loo oh a bumper lol im dumb and didn't read it right

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Lol

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

I don't think this an issue with clearance on bumpers

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I don't want the dumps to come near the bumper since there is no cut out for the exhaust

·
Registered
47 Posts
It shouldn't really relocate the mufflers, maybe they'll sit slightly lower, but with longtubes in turn you need to run a shorter x-pipe to compensate for the longer headers.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea well I mentioned relocating the mufflers because I ordered an x a month or so ago and it hasn't been put on due to the passenger side manifold studs/bolts being stubborn

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm gonna recommend FRPP ceramic shorties. I make 668rwhp through them, and I still don't feel like they are a bottleneck yet. There is a bit of issues with LT's that I prefer not to have on a daily driven street car.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much do they run and where would be a good place to get them

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh damn thanks anyway

1 - 18 of 18 Posts