Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of headers from a guy thst bought new for a 94 5.0 and he said the headers wouldn't fit his heads. So I had a stock set and match them up and the bolt holes all lined up except mabye one or two bolt holes like a 1/16 from being centered. But it seems like to me it's close enough to work. But I was just wondering why the didn't line up on his 302. I thought all 302 headers were the same. Can anybody shine some light on this for me. Could the bolt patterned be misprint or a flaw in thr making of them

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Robbie94gt said:
I just bought a set of headers from a guy thst bought new for a 94 5.0 and he said the headers wouldn't fit his heads. So I had a stock set and match them up and the bolt holes all lined up except mabye one or two bolt holes like a 1/16 from being centered. But it seems like to me it's close enough to work. But I was just wondering why the didn't line up on his 302. I thought all 302 headers were the same. Can anybody shine some light on this for me. Could the bolt patterned be misprint or a flaw in thr making of them

Attachments

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
He may have gt40p heads. they would still bolt up though but there are just minor issues with headers like wires touchings headers etc.if it is that close you could probably drill out the holes with a little bit bigger drill bit or use a die grinder.oh and yes not are parts are made perfect.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Robbie94gt said:
Ok thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to put them on this weekend.
Be ready for a chore. Those headers don't have bolt reliefs so they are going to be a bear to get on and torqued down correctly. Ive done it, just be patient.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I think thsts y thst guy couldn't get the bolts to line up cuz he was using the factory header bolts and like y'all know they have some big heads on them and those headers have some big runners on them so I think the big head of the bolt was hitting up against the runner and not letting it line up. I was just weary alittle buying them but I already has a small header bolt kit so I think it's gpinh to be all good

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just got done trying to put the headers on my car and it wouldn't line up all the way. I got all the bolts to start On one side except for 2. I just don't understand y all of them don't line up. They even have the egr nipple on the passenger side header so it has to be for a 94-95. Or I would think so. Do y'all think I could mabye drill two of the holes out a little. Has any of ywll ever ran up on this problem b4

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I had bbk on it but one of the flanges was messed up amd didn't know it untill I put it on and the flange wouldn't seal up. So I had the muffler shop weld it up around the flange. I just bought a new h pipe and didn't want to screw it up with the bad flange on the header but anyway they say amk project racing. I've never heard of thst brand. But thsts all it says. If I put one of them next to one of my bbk amd u can't even tell a difference untill u start matching the bolt holes up. There identical is size and length and everything except for the bolt pattern amd all I'm talkin bout is like a 1/8 difference in two holes so I guess I'm just goinh to try my luck amd drill them out. Wish me luck lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I called amk parts to c what was up to y the headers wasn't lineing up and I gave them the part number and they told me they was for a 86-93 mustangs. Well I always thought the fox body headers and sn-95 were the same. Or atleast the same bolt pattern. Does anybody know if they have the same bolt pattern. And will a 94 aftermarket hpipe work if they r fox body headers

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thanks that's what I thought to. I tried to argue with the guy that I called at amk. But he said they used a different bolt patteren. They must make a bad product. But really they look like sone really good headers And today I'm gping to try to drill them out just a little. If nobody knew anybetter that looked at my headers would say they would fit no problem but u have to reasly take a close look matching it up with my bbks to notice that 2 holes r off a little. But I say I should get it.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Also fox headers don't have thr egr on thr passenger side header does it ?

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Robbie94gt said:
Ok thanks that's what I thought to. I tried to argue with the guy that I called at amk. But he said they used a different bolt patteren. They must make a bad product. But really they look like sone really good headers And today I'm gping to try to drill them out just a little. If nobody knew anybetter that looked at my headers would say they would fit no problem but u have to reasly take a close look matching it up with my bbks to notice that 2 holes r off a little. But I say I should get it.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

No they don't have the egr tube on the headers. Only the sn95 5.0.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

I went to their website.
Looks like they are a small company who cater mainly to foreign cars.
They DO NOT "use a different bolt pattern". The company evidently just can't build them properly.
The guy must be a wingnut who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

If you can massage the bolt holes enough to get them bolted to the heads they should work, but don't be surprised if you have other fitment issues.

On the plus side, they are supposed to be SS so maybe they won't rust up and rot out anytime soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah that's what I was thinking I hate talkim to customer service amd when the try to argue with u about something. But yeah the r ss. And they look pretty good. I got them on finally lol. But there is one bolt on each side that I can't get the bolt started cuz the head of the bolt is hitting the side of the runner and it is cockin the bolt at a angle. I hate to attempt it but it looks like I'm gpinh to have to try to put a little dent somehow in the runner so I can get the bolt straight. U got any ideas

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I could possible grind the washer down a little that's made into the bolt I don't know if it would give me enough though. Have u ever seen the driverside flange on shorty headers to be barly touching the bellhousing. I think there might be a 1/4 inch gap in between it but I haven't got under it yet to confirm. I just stuck my hand down to the flange from standing at the driver side fender and noticed it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts