Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been researching longtube headers and I've found for the price people like pypes and Mac....are they any good or which is better? I have found 50/50 on each so I'm really indecisive about what I think however I don't want to spend 1000 for a set of headers...help!

·
Registered
205 Posts
BBK is my preferred brand;)

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Usually cheaper too

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the reading ive done I've found people don't like Bbk over the others...so that's why I'm so stumped!! And I'm going crazy trying to figure it out cause there are so many choices

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've been on the search for about two months and I can't get enough positives on one brand that is decent in price

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Pypes headers are great for their price.

I installed Pypes headers and off road x-pipe and they gave me 18 whp and 12 wtq with out tune!

you can check my thread about Pypes headers on my stang.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DDTCM said:
What brand is it?
I was really hoping pypes, if I could find out good stuff about them

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Mustang Devil said:
Hi, Pypes headers are great for their price.

I installed Pypes headers and off road x-pipe and they gave me 18 whp and 12 wtq with out tune!

you can check my thread about Pypes headers on my stang.
Awesome! Well your pushing me even closer to get them!! Hahaha thanks!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have u checked out youtube im sure someone with pypes LTs has a vid on there

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

06greystang said:
Have u checked out youtube im sure someone with pypes LTs has a vid on there
And other brands too

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not looking for best sound...I'm just trying to get info about the quality and which is recommended the most

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Southern stang said:
Well quality, bar none kooks. I went with Mac, and now recently put the Prochamber on. Love the sound with my pypes mid muffler set up. The former overall isn't too bad with Mac and the quality is fairly nice IMO.

Quick little sound clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEGslEeTvwE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Sounds good!!

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

FordTech said:
I have pypes as well. No fitment issues and I'm very happy. Keep in mind the pypes are an exact copy of the kooks.
I'm leaning towards pypes and that is what I've heard!!! Did you put them in yourself? I plan on doing them myself is why I ask and wanted to see if it was that bad...I am mechanically inclined but no lift...which will suck

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took out the starter and both engine mounts. Then just use a jack with a couple 2x4s on the oil pan. Tons of room to work and much faster. Use only new factory gaskets. Also use factory studs and nuts where possible and use the bolts that come with the headers where it is to tight for studs.

·
Registered
181 Posts
For a while, I had the Pypes H pipe before I got the prochamber. It sounded mean! More like I'm going to eat you up and spit you out mf'er kind of tone to it. Now it's got a deeper sound with wayyyy less rasp and it dropped a little bit of db's but honestly it is just perfect. Now on another note if I did it all over again I would probably buy pypes LT's and keep the H most days. I still love that growl when your riding through town, then everyone stops and looks to see what it is.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FordTech said:
I took out the starter and both engine mounts. Then just use a jack with a couple 2x4s on the oil pan. Tons of room to work and much faster. Use only new factory gaskets. Also use factory studs and nuts where possible and use the bolts that come with the headers where it is to tight for studs.
Thanks for the advice!! I'm looking to do this sometime in jan-feb since jesusmas has hindered some cash that and a snowboarding trip, but as soon as its over the money goes back to the car!!!

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Southern stang said:
For a while, I had the Pypes H pipe before I got the prochamber. It sounded mean! More like I'm going to eat you up and spit you out mf'er kind of tone to it. Now it's got a deeper sound with wayyyy less rasp and it dropped a little bit of db's but honestly it is just perfect. Now on another note if I did it all over again I would probably buy pypes LT's and keep the H most days. I still love that growl when your riding through town, then everyone stops and looks to see what it is.
I think I'm gonna do the pypes mid pipe also and I already have borla stingers so I hope it all sounds good!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi!

In a long tube headers comparison (a lot of brands) I read in the april 2009 edition of Mustang 5.0, Mac long tubes gave the best peak power gains. By the way, if I remember well, the test car was a 05 GT with ported heads and was Vortech supercharged.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
anyone try Pacesetters? for 277$ @ summit thats either a steal or they are crap

1 - 20 of 28 Posts