Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best brand of headers? Also do I needs cats to go with headers into an X pipe. What does it mean for off raod use only? I want a kit that I know will fit together so I will not have a problem trying to piece it together.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
332 Posts
06Stanger23 said:
What is the best brand of headers? Also do I needs cats to go with headers into an X pipe. What does it mean for off raod use only? I want a kit that I know will fit together so I will not have a problem trying to piece it together.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

KOOKS!!! ;D

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

F4m0usfr34k said:
KOOKS!!! ;D
That is if your willing to pay :)....

·
Registered
309 Posts
06Stanger23 said:

Kooks are the best. If you don't want to pay for American Made quality, Pypes makes a decent product IMO. Offroad use means its made for the track not driving on the road due to federal emissions laws. If you don't want to take a chance on getting a ticker, you need cats.

·
Registered
332 Posts
What I know is that it will make a difference... In performance and sound!.... But I'm not an expert so yea lol ....

·
Registered
332 Posts
F4m0usfr34k said:
What I know is that it will make a difference... In performance and sound!.... But I'm not an expert so yea lol ....
I personally am going to be purchasing high flow cats when I finish my exhaust when income tax time rolls around .... I think if u wanna be cheap and try to scoot around with ur stang u could prob keep ur cats but yea.... It's a stang u wouldn't wanna be cheap with them ;) there precious haha!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Im going to be the cheep guy and throw this set-up out there Pacesetter ceramic coated LT headers with there shortie catted H pipe shop around and you should be able to pick up both for around $700 or so give or take may not be top of the line but should still make some good HP gains without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I bought bbk LTs and xpipe came with cats but still illegal in CA for emissions didn't find out til took it to the shop when they refused to install them so now I gotta do it myself lol

·
Banned
510 Posts
I picked up some OBX long tubes with an offroad H. They work fine and the quality is good. The only issue is that the fitment isn't perfect. I got mine for $200 but I think you can get em new for $500. These are stainless steel too. Check em out

·
Registered
638 Posts
Pypes long tubes with matching off road x fit perfect for me when I installed them and it was under 700 when I bought it all

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did you buy your pypes and x at or from. Anyone have headers for sale with x pipe.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Pypes long tubes with matching off road x fit perfect for me when I installed them and it was under 700 when I bought it all

Where did you buy your pypes and x at or from. Anyone have headers for sale with x pipe.

·
Registered
273 Posts
06Stanger23 said:

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

AM, stage3motorsports ,brothers performance, and mr body kit all have the pypes header x pipe setup and many other header x pipe setups.

·
Registered
638 Posts
American muscle... I got the headers for 4 something with a discount I think and then during Christmas I bought the x pipe on sale I believe for 179 or 189

·
Registered
273 Posts
gqsmash said:
American muscle... I got the headers for 4 something with a discount I think and then during Christmas I bought the x pipe on sale I believe for 179 or 189
If your military there is always a discount for you.

·
Registered
984 Posts
06Stanger23 said:
Anyone know if you need a catted x pipe in missouri St. louis area or can I get a set of offroad pipes/
Your lucky if you don't need cats even with a catted x pipe its illegal in stupid CA :( lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts