Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are always threads on here about exhaust but hardly ever do I hear about Hedders so I'm wondering does anybody have them? Here in Cali we have to go shorties cause long tubes are illegal.My local exhaust shops quoted 12 to 14 hours install which is about 1500 bucks just for the install so, guess ill b waiting

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I was about to have the headers on. I went wit some used pypes longtubes from Craig's for cheap. My uncle had them on the car and everything was about to bolt on the midpipe and catback. But he realized that the steering shaft was hitting one of the headers making it impossible to drive. So that was 300 bucks down the drain. I plan on doing them later on and I'm going to go with a trusted brand not pypes.

image-1007626115.jpg

·
Registered
648 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
I was about to have the headers on. I went wit some used pypes longtubes from Craig's for cheap. My uncle had them on the car and everything was about to bolt on the midpipe and catback. But he realized that the steering shaft was hitting one of the headers making it impossible to drive. So that was 300 bucks down the drain. I plan on doing them later on and I'm going to go with a trusted brand not pypes.

[/QUOTE/]

I've heard pretty good things about pypes headers tho, that's odd they didn't fit

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
A couple guys did warn me and I hate myself for not listening to them. They were cheap too and came with the matching midpipe so I snatched them up. They fit on the block but the steering shaft hits it

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Venomouz831 said:
A couple guys did warn me and I hate myself for not listening to them. They were cheap too and came with the matching midpipe so I snatched them up. They fit on the block but the steering shaft hits it
Thats why im goin shorties 4sure. Seems theyre a PIA to install tho

·
Registered
915 Posts
Wtf 1500 is ALOT for labor. I would think 3-4 hours around 250 bucks is right. Just my guess. Long tubes can be a pita especially on the passenger side

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
fomoco4life said:
Thats why im goin shorties 4sure. Seems theyre a PIA to install tho
Well if they would of fit I would of been a happy man but they didn't. I'm still going to get some but some new named brand like kooks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got LT pacesetter with a pacesetter off road x pipe and borla cat back! Love them! And no fitting problems what so ever! Took about three hours for the install. Note to anyone planning on Doing them! DROP THE K MEmber! Makes it a breeze!

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

And 1500 for shorties? That's ridiculous! Do it yourself! IMO!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have chrome MAC longtubes and love them. Matched with a prochamber and flowmasters it's tough to beat. install wasn't bad but then again I have a tubular k member so totally diff from stock. The starter is a bit close though. Are LTs really illegal in California? I find that hard to believe.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
runvsofthisbull said:
I have chrome MAC longtubes and love them. Matched with a prochamber and flowmasters it's tough to beat. install wasn't bad but then again I have a tubular k member so totally diff from stock. The starter is a bit close though. Are LTs really illegal in California? I find that hard to believe.
Yes they are illegal. When you run longtubes you delete all you're cats right?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Bro, i had been thinking in headers too, but going with shorties is just not worth it. I live here in cali. I just went with off road pipe is illegal too but the sound is music to my ears it sounds awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Adding shorties to my car jba so far not a fun install

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
Did you drop the k member? Lift the motor?
Not near done yet were doing little by little, so far drive shaft starter and x r off the car removing the trans next because we're doing my clutch too

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Nate98stang said:
Not near done yet were doing little by little, so far drive shaft starter and x r off the car removing the trans next because we're doing my clutch too
Ok good luck! Did you get new gaskets?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
Ok good luck! Did you get new gaskets?
They came with my headers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
Nice with shorties you should be good on clearence
Yea big reason for the instal is I had a terrible manifold leak and this will give me a full header back exhaust jba headers , bbk o/r x to slp lm2 mufflers

1 - 20 of 29 Posts