Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your guys opinions on headers? Thinking about getting these bbk shorty headers from a guy of craigslist for cheap. What will it do? And is it worth it?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Depends on what kinda work you're willing to do. If minimal work is your policy then shorties...if you dont mind a little extra effort with the exhaust work then youd be much happier with LTs imo

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
No they are legal anywhere...most people go catless when they install them though and thats illegal. However you can still put small cats in there no problem when the mid pipe is made by a shop.

·
Registered
847 Posts
1slosix said:
No they are legal anywhere...most people go catless when they install them though and thats illegal. However you can still put small cats in there no problem when the mid pipe is made by a shop.
Not legal n cali- will fail the visual immediately- not sure bout MO

·
Registered
835 Posts
Are cars come with short tube headers from the factory. Kinda neat since all the other v6's(like dodge and chevy) have exhaust manifolds.
There not worth it unless you have a cracked header. Ford made those headers, and they did a good job. From what i've heard aftermarket shorties might even make you loose power.
If your going to buy headers just save up for a whole system with longtubes if not, just re-do the exhaust from the headers back.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
**** those headers don't help them enough to make up for that haha

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i've been wondering if sn95 headers will fit new edges lol. i'm thinking my passenger side might have a pin prick from the A/C drip. Normally i'd just spend some money on LTs and go from there, but with christmas coming up i may need a cheaper fix. hmmmm some junkyard sn95 headers would be cheap as hell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts