Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I put long tube header and a shorty catted x pipe, should that void my whole warranty? Or just an exhaust warranty?

·
Registered
30 Posts
im not sure about the whole warranty but dont the parts come with a warranty from bbk or borla? ive heard about AM sending new parts to people who the factory dooshed out on

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't done it yet, and the lt headers come with an o2 sensor extension

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Idk what would the warranty cover if they do?(which I believe they do have a warranty)

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
So if I put long tube header and a shorty catted x pipe, should that void my whole warranty? Or just an exhaust warranty?
Yes voids exhaust, drivetrain and engine warranty because in order for the car to not possibly misfire you have to tune the car for it to compensate the rough idle caused by the more exhaust flow needed to keep the car stable it will void ur engine warranty ur drivetrain cause the tune firms up the shift point ur exhaust warranty obviously. Basically a bunch of stuff gets voided

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yes voids exhaust, drivetrain and engine warranty because in order for the car to not possibly misfire you have to tune the car for it to compensate the rough idle caused by the more exhaust flow needed to keep the car stable it will void ur engine warranty ur drivetrain cause the tune firms up the shift point ur exhaust warranty obviously. Basically a bunch of stuff gets voided
^^ This is correct. The most we've seen SOME Ford Dealers allow without voiding the warranty is an aftermarket catted Mid-pipe, CAI, and Bama tune. However, not too many allowed this either. If you're worried about voiding the warranty and you're interested in modding the car, the best thing to do is talk to your local Ford Dealer's Service Manager. He/She will be able to let you know their boundaries!

Hope this helps!

Shane

·
Registered
120 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
That blows

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Mattmyr said:
It's funny because when I first brought my new car (two months ago) all I worried about was my warranty, but after getting some mods and noticing the HP change and the sounds of my stang. The only thing I think about now is TO HELL with that warranty :D

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
That blows

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

It's funny because when I first brought my new car (two months ago) all I worried about was my warranty, but after getting some mods and noticing the HP change and the sounds of my stang. The only thing I think about now is TO HELL with that warranty :D
That's exactly how I am! Now I'm like **** that! I bought BBK LT Headers and xpipe and CAI and tune and gears and LCA'S and bunch of stuff hahaha

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
So much stuff to buy so little cash to spend. I am glad I got a chance to hear everything, now I have a plan
Bro I understand you I didn't intend on buying headers for awhile so I could save but a buddy of mine had to sell his car for a family car and sold me his parts for like %60 off!

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Bro I understand you I didn't intend on buying headers for awhile so I could save but a buddy of mine had to sell his car for a family car and sold me his parts for like %60 off!
Got the headers and xpipe for 400 flat

1 - 20 of 32 Posts